HERO FILE #05 - Magma

"Flame on."

GENERAL

Name: Koguro Takayama (孤黒郎 高山)
Alias: Volcano Hero: Magma (火山ヒーロー:マグマ | Kazan Hīrō: Maguma)
Nicknames: None
Age: 35
DOB: 08/24
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Blood Type: O
Height: 1m85
Weight: 88 kg
Hair: Red
Eyes: Amber
Special physical features: Incandescent orifices on the chest and hands.

Gender: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Pro Hero
Place of Birth: Shizuoka
Ethnicity: Japanese

Hero Rank: No. 6
Agency/Office/Team: Onslaught Heroes Agency
Place of Operation: Shizuoka Prefecture
Focused Role: Vilain assault

PERSONALITY

"Bring on the challenge, and I'll show you the full extent of my strength."

Q U A L I T Y | F L A W

✔ | Determined | Protective | Observant | Thoughtful | Resilient |

✖ | Distant | Uncommunicative | Impulsive | Reserved | Intimidating |

L I K E S
◇ Spicy food
◇ Weightlifting
◇ Night walks
◇ Metal music

D I S L I K E S
◇ Sugary sweets
◇ Paperworks
◇ Overcrowded spaces
◇ Unjustified delays

R E C A P

Koguro is a force to be reckoned with - he's determined and unyielding, never one to give up in the face of a challenge. His protective nature makes him a loyal friend, and his sharp eye for detail and thoughtfulness make him a valuable asset to any team. However, Koguro can sometimes come across as intimidating due to his distant and uncommunicative personality. His impulsiveness can also lead him down a dangerous path, but his resilience always pulls him back up.

When Koguro's not busy protecting the world, he enjoys weightlifting and listening to hardcore metal music to get him pumped up. He also loves taking nighttime walks to clear his head and reflect on his day. His taste buds have a soft spot for spicy food, but he turns his nose up at sugary sweets. The tediousness of paperwork makes him want to tear his hair out, and he can't stand being crammed into overcrowded spaces. Don't even get him started on delays - he needs his schedule to be on point, and anything less will set him off.

PERSONAL LIFE

B I O G R A P H Y

Koguro grew up in a small town in Japan, raised by his parents who were both geologists. As a child, Koguro was always fascinated by his parents' work, especially the study of rocks and minerals. He spent countless hours exploring the nearby mountains and collecting rocks, developing a deep understanding and appreciation for the earth's natural elements. However, Koguro's life took a drastic turn when his quirk, Magma Chamber, manifested. He struggled to control the eruptions from his chest, hands, and even his mouth, causing destruction and chaos wherever he went. His parents, desperate to help him, researched and experimented on ways to manage his quirk. Despite the challenges of managing his quirk, Koguro remained determined to use it for good. He began training to become a Pro Hero, determined to use his powers to protect and save lives. Magma's hard work and dedication paid off, as he rose through the ranks to become the number 6 Pro Hero in Japan. Today, Magma continues to push himself to become even stronger and more skilled, always searching for ways to improve his control over his quirk. Koguro remains committed to his mission as a Pro Hero, using his powerful quirk to keep his community safe and mentoring young aspiring heroes.

R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Father: Hiroshi Takayama - Retired geologist
Mother: Akiko Takayama - Retired geologist
Brother(s)/Sister(s): None
Best friends: None
Friends: None
Crush:
None
Rival:
None
Nemesis:
None

QUIRK

"I am Magma, and I will reduce you to ashes!"

Type: MutantRange: Mid RangePrimary Role: AttackFighting Style: Mix of mid-range and close combat

Type: Mutant
Range: Mid Range
Primary Role: Attack
Fighting Style: Mix of mid-range and close combat

Stats:
Power: 4/5 | B
Speed: 3/5 | C
Technique: 4/5 | B
Intelligence: 3/5 | C
Cooperativeness: 2/5 | D
Quirk Control: 5/5 | A

A B I L I T Y | S K I L L S

Name: Magma Chamber

Description: Magma chest houses a chamber that can spew molten lava, flames, and smoke. This power is controlled via an orifice on his chest and two smaller ones on his hands, allowing him to direct the flow of his eruptions. Koguro's ability is further amplified by consuming specific stones such as obsidian to increase lava production and viscosity, peridot to enhance flame strength, and calcite to increase smoke production.

Drawbacks: However, using Magma Chamber requires Magma to consume a significant amount of energy. He needs to eat 3 to 4 times more than the average person and ingest rocks to fuel his eruptions, which can cause severe burns. The maintenance of his magma chamber is also critical. Neglecting it can lead to serious consequences, such as weakening the chamber, causing it to become dormant if not fed for a week, or extinguishing it completely if left unattended for 3 weeks. If the chamber is empty or lacks energy, Koguro cannot erupt, leaving him defenseless in battle. Thus, Koguro must carefully manage his energy intake and maintain his magma chamber to unleash the full potential of his powerful quirk.

H E R O  S U I T | I T E M S
◇ Magma wears a black fur-lined jacket, which he almost always has on.
◇ He opts for black, white or red t-shirts, which he pairs with black pants and combat boots.
◇ To conceal his magma craters and prevent accidental burns, he wears black, heat-resistant leather mittens.
◇ Magma also carries leather pouches containing rocks of various sizes that he uses to fuel and enhance his eruptions.

S T R E N G T H S
◇ Can cause significant damage to his opponents and their surroundings.
◇ The ability to consume specific stones to enhance his quirk's abilities makes Magma a versatile and adaptable hero.

W E A K N E S S E S
◇ Consumes an enormous amount of energy, making it challenging to sustain during prolonged battles.
◇ If the magma chamber is not maintained and fueled regularly, Magma's quirk can weaken or even extinguish, leaving him defenseless in battle.