Camila Martinez

"If you need anything for your dog, I'm your girl!" - Camilla Martinez

Biographical information

Full Name: Camila Martinez

Nickname(s):

* Cam

* Cami

Gender: Transgender (Male to Female)

Sexuality: Lesbian

Status: Alive

Age: 37 (season 3)

Birth: 1978

Race: Human

Nationality: American

Origin: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.

Residence:

* McMurdo Station, Antarctica

* Baltimore, Maryland, U.S. (formerly)

Profession(s): Veterinarian

Family:

* Carmen Martinez (sister)

* Unnamed mother

* Unnamed father

* Milagros Santiago (adopted daughter)

* Sanjay Korrapati (nephew)

Affiliation(s): McMurdo Station

Profile

Height: 5'5"

Age: 37 (season 3)

Weight: 140lbs

Eyes: brown

Blood: A+

Hailing from Baltimore, Camila is an animal-loving woman working at the McMurdo Station in Antarctica. She is an inch shorter than Carmen and slightly slimmer, with equally dark skin, black hair in an afro of coil curls, and brown eyes.

During her suspect appearance in Death Below Zero, Camila wore thick black thermal leggings with matching fur-lined winter boots, a yellow parka, a fuzzy black scarf and yellow earmuffs. As per this suspect appearance, it is known that Camila has survival training and is in contact with penguins.

Synopsis

The younger sister of Carmen Martinez, Camila currently resides in Antarctica with her adopted daughter, Milagros. She is a veterinarian who helps the local wildlife around the station.

She grew up with her family in Baltimore and always wanted to be like her older sister. She preferred to play with Carmen's toys, read her books and would beg her parents to let her have Carmen's hand-me-down clothes. No one questioned Camila's choices and assumed she looked up to her big sister and wanted to mimic her.

But as Camila got older, her preferences never changed. One day, as a teenager, she asked if Carmen would call her Camila. The older one agreed but asked why her sister wanted to be called that. Camila explained that her old name didn't feel right, and being called Camila made her feel happy.

With Carmen's help, they did some research and learned about transgenderism. Camila realized that fit with the emotions and dysphoria she had been feeling over the years. After discovering she was transgender, Carmen helped introduce her new sister to their parents.