Kacy Keller

Biographical information

Full Name: Captain Kacy Keller

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Lesbian

Status: Incarcerated

Age: 55 (season 2)

Birth: 1960

Race: Human

Nationality: Canadian

Origin: New Brunswick, Canada

Residence: New Brunswick, Canada

Profession(s): Ship Captain

Profile

Height: 5'7"

Age: 55 (season 2)

Weight: 152lbs

Eyes: gray

Blood: O+

Hailing from Atlantic Canada, Kacy was a middle-aged woman of average height with tanned, freckled skin and short black hair. She wore white pants, a white button-up shirt with epaulets on her shoulders, and shiny black shoes.

As per her suspect appearance in The Death Boat, it is known that Kacy wears sunscreen, reads Kitten Magazine, and drinks Piña Colada.

Synopsis

Kacy Keller was the killer of Phoebe Fisher in The Death Boat. She used to be a ship captain before being unfairly stripped of her stripes and forced to disembark her ship, the Atlantic Prince. After that, she struggled to find work she enjoyed doing as she longed to sail the seas again.

She never forgot about the woman who stole her captain stripes from her. For a long time, Kacy believed that it was her crew's fault that they failed the ship audit, but one day she discovered the truth. A fellow Captain told her how the same thing had happened to them and that Phoebe had been the one to plant the drugs on the ship. But without proof, there was nothing the Captain could do to save their ship.

Kacy didn't believe in coincidences and knew that this meant Phoebe had failed her ship to get the audit bonus. Kacy began keeping tabs on the woman, fearing she would continue her greedy tirade. And her stalking paid off when she got wind that Phoebe was scheduled to audit Captain Merrill Stubing's ship.

Stubing was a long-time friend of Kacy's and one of the only people who believed in and supported her dream of Captaining a ship. So when Kacy heard about Phoebe's up-and-coming audit of the Pacific Princess, she knew she had to stop her from taking her friend's ship.

Kacy boarded the same cruise as Phoebe and confronted the woman about her plans. Phoebe laughed in Kacy's face, openly admitting to sabotaging her ship's audit for money. But she refused to stop her plans to fail Stubing's boat and told Kacy there was nothing she could do to stop her.

But Kacy was willing to do anything to save her fellow Captain and his ship, even kill. She stole a speargun from the ship's cargo hold and hid on the lido deck to wait for the perfect time to attack Phoebe. She knew Phoebe enjoyed early morning soaks in the jacuzzi, so she hid behind the bar until the time was right.

When the moment came to kill Phoebe, Kacy shot the harpoon bolt at her, pricing the woman in the heart. She watched Phoebe's body fall into the water, and her blood turned the liquid deep red. Phoebe never saw the attack coming and died before she hit the water.

Kacy knew she wouldn't get away with the murder, but she was proud of herself for stopping Phoebe's tirade. She knows others wouldn't understand why she did what she did, but all that mattered to her was that no more Captains would unfairly lose their ships and crews. And so, once the ship returned to port, she was sentenced to 20 years in prison for her crime.

Story Information

First appeared: The Death Boat

Trivia

* Her surname is a pun on the word "killer." An IRL friend came up with it after I asked for suggestions for names to give a killer. She was very proud of her pun

- Her surname is pronounced key-ller, not kell-er; it's supposed to sound like you're saying killer

* I couldn't find anything usable for a quote even though she does talk, just not a lot in the chapter!

* Her old ship, the Atlantic Prince, is a play on the boat Pacific Princess, which is the location of the murder