Birgitta Halvorsen

"Yes, yes, Adalet, just give us some time to make sure it worked and to make more, be patient, sweetie." - Birgitta Halvorsen

Biographical information

Full Name: Birgitta Halvorsen

Gender: Transgender (Male to Female) (she/her)

Sexuality: Lesbian

Status: Alive

Age: 79 (season 2)

Birth: 1935

Race: Mythonite

Nationality: Asgardian

Origin: Midgard, New Asgard

Residence:

* Asgard, New Asgard

* Midgard, New Asgard (formerly)

Past profession(s): Pediatrician

Family:

* Soffía Halvorsen (wife)

* Kára Halvorsen (daughter) (deceased)

* Brage Halvorsen (child)

* Heimdall Sadik-Halvorsen (son)

* Aslan Sadik-Halvorsen (son-in-law)

* Adalet (Anders) Sadik-Halvorsen (granddaughter/grandson)

* Ahmet Savage (great-grandson)

Affiliation(s): Frigga Memorial Children's Hospital (formerly)

Profile

Height: 6'0"

Age: 79 (season 2)

Weight: 185lbs

Eyes: Blue

Blood: O-

The wife of Soffía Halvorsen, Birgitta is a tall woman with pale skin, long, wavy hair that is as white as snow and deep blue eyes. She prefers to wear a dark blue turtleneck sweater, a white coat, comfortable black pants and black boots. She also has black-framed glasses, small silver hoop earrings, and a black and white beaded necklace.

Powers and Abilities

Asgardian abilities:

* Super-strength

* Enhanced durability

* Enhanced speed

* Superhuman Stamina

* Regenerative healing factor

* Flight

* All-Speak

* Star Generation

     * Asgardians can create small orbs of light, which they call "stars" that they send up into the sky at night

* Magic

History

Birgitta is originally from the continent Midgard but moved to Asgard the summer before she started high school. She met Soffía as the two were on the school's football (soccer) team. They often had extra practice together without the rest of their team, leading to them getting to know each other better and eventually, they started dating.

After graduating, Birgitta went to university to become a pediatrician. She always had an interest in medicine and decided at a young age that she wanted to work in the medical field. She chose to be a pediatrician because she used to volunteer in a hospital's children's unit when she lived on Midgard. She met countless sick children and felt the desire to help them get better and free them of their illnesses and injuries.

She got a permanent position at Asgard's local children's hospital a few years after graduation and helped save the lives of thousands of children. While there would always be children she couldn't save, Birgitta strived to save everyone she could. However, if the child could not be saved, she would ensure their final days would be spent in comfort while surrounded by their families.

She retired a few years before her wife, and the two enjoyed finally being able to relax with one another. They have been able to go on trips and do activities they never had the time for when they were younger. Overall, they have just been enjoying each other's company and spending time with their remaining family and friends.

Events of Criminal Case

Season 2

Birgitta, like the rest of Adalet's grandparents, attended her and Fili's wedding in Pacific Bay. She thought her granddaughter looked beautiful in her wedding dress and was so happy that she got to witness Adalet's special day.

Season 3

While only serving as a minor character during her daughter's murder investigation, Birgitta still had an important role. She had to prevent her wife from revealing any secrets during her drunken mourning. Even through her grief, Birgitta pushed through it to keep her remaining family safe. After Kara's murder was solved and Soffía recovered from her hangover, Birgitta assisted in developing the cure for fire tumours.

Story Information

First appeared: Tying the Knot

Trivia

* While she can come off as cold-hearted because of her years working in the medical field and witnessing traumatic events, Birgitta has a heart of gold. She always puts others before herself and ensures everyone is cared for before caring for herself

* My grandparents inspired Birgitta and Soffía's height difference. My grandfather was about six feet tall, while my grandmother was just under five feet

* As a pediatrician, she always carried stickers, lollipops, and small candies for her patients. To this day, she still carries them by habit, and Soffía always has to get after her to clean her pockets out before washing Birgitta's clothes

     * It makes laundry day interesting as Soffía likes to play a game she calls "What's in my Wife's Pockets?"

          * She jokes that she could open a candy store with how much she's pulled out of Birgitta's pockets

     * Now that she's retired, Birgitta always makes sure she carries her family's favourite candies. If she can't break the habit, then her family should benefit from it!