Brock Ward

"Hail SOMBRA." - Brock Ward

Biographical information

Full Name: Brock Ward

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Semibisexual

Status: Deceased

Age: 27 (season 3)

Birth: 1989

Race: Human

Cause of Death: Cyanide poisoning

Nationality: American

Origin: Texas, USA

Residence:

* Melbourne, Australia

* Texas, USA (formerly)

Profession(s): U.N.I.T. Agent

Affiliation(s):

* U.N.I.T.

* SOMBRA

Profile

Height: 5'11"

Age: 27 (season 3)

Weight: 215lbs

Eyes: green

Blood: O-

Hailing from Texas, Brock was a man in his twenties with sun-kissed skin, short, spiky black hair, and pale green eyes. He wore dark jeans with a brown belt, a yellow v-neck shirt, a black leather jacket, and boots. He had a pair of sunglasses on his head and a short silver chain with two dog tags attached. The dog tags had the flag of the USA printed on them.

As per his suspect appearance in United in Ashes, it is known that Brock is a musician and knows chemistry.

Synopsis

Brock Ward was an undercover SOMBRA agent who had infiltrated U.N.I.T. He was a cold-hearted man who could pretend to be your best friend to gain your trust, only to stab you in the back later. He was loyal to SOMBRA and would do anything to help further the organization.

He had been assigned to keep an eye on Nicolas Doyle and report back to SOMBRA about the man's actions. Unfortunately, Brock could not get the position of Assistant Director as Nathan Pandit had more seniority over him. But he still kept a close watch on his boss.

When SOMBRA suspected Nicolas of losing sight of their mission, they had Brock remind the man of what would happen if he became weak. But even after the threat, Nicolas refused to speed up delivering SOMBRA U.N.I.T resources, so Brock was ordered to eliminate him.

He killed Nicolas using one of Nathan's poisons, hoping to pin the blame on the Assistant Director. But the Bureau was too smart and discovered the truth, arresting Brock for the murder. Knowing he had been caught, Brock killed himself using a cyanide capsule inside a false tooth, but not before revealing his elegance to SOMBRA.

Brock died thinking SOMBRA had the upper hand, but he didn't know that his failure would lead to SOMBRA sending Hemlock after the Bureau. In doing this, the Bureau saved Fili and removed the inhibitor chip implanted in his brain.

SOMBRA would never get the original enchantment formula from Fili's DNA, nor would Brock ever get to receive the power boost. And so, Brock joined Nicolas in the afterlife after dying a meaningless death.

Organization(s)

U.N.I.T.

Rank: Agent

Story Information

First appeared: United in Ashes

Trivia

* He is named after two Hydra agents from the Marvel franchise: Brock Rumlow and Grant Ward

* Likewise, his quote is a play on the phrase "Hail Hydra"

* He was hoping to be the first to receive the new SOMBRA enhancement formula once Metcalf had replicated it from Fili's DNA

* He was an orphan