Im Sol

Biographical information

Full Name: Im Sol

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Status: Deceased

Age: 68 (season 3)

Birth: 1948

Race: Human

Cause of Death: Strangled

Nationality: Korean

Origin: Busan, South Korea

Residence: Busan, South Korea

Profession(s): Bus Driver

Past profession(s): Firefighter

Profile

Height: 5'6"

Age: 68 (season 3)

Weight: 173lbs

Eyes: brown

Blood: A+

Hailing from Busan, South Korea, Sol was in his mid-sixties and had fair wrinkled skin, a receding head of white hair, and dark brown eyes behind a set of simple wire-framed glasses. He died wearing his South Korean bus driver's uniform: a blue dress shirt, black pants and comfortable shoes.

Synopsis

Sol was the victim in Explosive Secrets. He was killed following a minor bus crash while chauffeuring Esther Clayton and her class around Busan. He was strangled to death to keep quiet about his killer stealing medication for those who couldn't afford it.

When he was still alive, Sol was far from a model citizen. For starters, he was sending his coworker Mun Nari lewd text messages and pictures. Then, he was caught drinking on the job, and Minerva Ross filed a complaint against him for endangering her student. He was also inappropriate with Eliza Clayton. He tried touching the woman and kept making unwanted advances until Esther attacked him with her backpack.

As for his past, Sol used to be a firefighter and responded to the Geulimja Explosion. He had saved Angela Douglas from the rubble but couldn't free the girl's parents. Angela's mother and father died in the wreckage, and she blamed Sol for their deaths. The tragedy led Sol to give up his career as a firefighter and become a bus driver. He also took up drinking to cope with the night terrors he would get and his depression.

But the reason Sol died was because he found out Song Haneul was stealing medication and giving it to a free clinic that couldn't afford certain drugs. Sol wanted a piece of the profits and didn't believe it when Haneul told him he wasn't taking any payment. He vowed to expose the paramedic's crime if he didn't receive any money.

So to save himself and keep providing the clinic with medication, Haneul killed Sol. He thought that maybe he could make it look like a delayed heart attack brought on because of the crash, but Sol fought back, and Haneul ended up strangling him. He left Sol's body at the crash site and fled before anyone saw him.

Story Information

First appeared: Explosive Secrets

Trivia

* He was an alcoholic

* ... I've got nothing else. This guy was just made to be hated. I never gave him a backstory and can't come up with one!