Lance Archer

"They'll get here when they get here!" - Lance Archer

Biographical information

Full Name: Lance Archer

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Status: Deceased

Age: 84 (season 3)

Birth: 1932

Race: Human

Cause of Death: Explosion to the head

Nationality: American

Origin: Los Angeles, California

Residence: Los Angeles, California

Past profession(s): Detective

Family:

* Maaike Archer (wife) (incarcerated)

* Milan Archer-Adams (son)

* Jack Archer-Adams (grandson)

* Giselle Archer-Adams (daughter-in-law)

Affiliation(s): LAPD (formerly)

Profile

Height: 5'9"

Age: 84 (season 3)

Weight: 189lbs

Eyes: gray

Blood: A-

Lance was an elderly man with fair, wrinkled skin, bushy gray eyebrows over gray eyes, thick brown glasses, and a short gray beard. He wore light brown slacks held up by a belt, orthopedic shoes, and a black and blue plaid shirt.

Synopsis

Lance was the victim in Call Me, Kill Me. He is Jack's grandfather and the father of Milan Archer-Adams.

Once a homicide detective for the LAPD, famous for solving the highest profile cases, Lance retired to a quieter life when the hunt for killers became too hard for his aging body and mind to deal with. He and Maaike spent their retirement doing the things they never had time for while working and raising their son. Of course, it wasn't always perfect. Lance's alcoholism nearly sent him to an early grave, and while he survived, he was never the same. His body was weaker, and he now needed to use a cane lest he fall while walking and hurt himself further.

In his prime, Lance led and was consulted on countless investigations during his time in the LAPD. From robbery to murder, he saw it all and learned firsthand the horrors that the human mind was capable of conjuring. He saw countless lives cut short and vowed to bring justice to the victims of LA's heinous crimes. But not every case was destined to be solved, and those who eventually found themselves in the cold case vault still haunted him into retirement.

And while Lance pledged to serve and protect when he graduated from the police academy, he would break this vow when he started abusing his son. When someone is surrounded by crime every day, they look for ways to cope with it. Some seek therapy and other healthy options, but others go down a darker path... The former was the case for Lance. He started drinking and using his son as a punching bag to expel the vortex of complex emotions trapped inside of him due to his job.