Poppy Douglas

Biographical information

Full Name: Poppy Douglas

Alias(es): Thron (stage name)

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Pansexual

Status: Alive

Age: 69 (season 3)

Birth: 1947

Race: Human

Nationality: Australian

Origin: Melbourne, Australia

Residence:

* Melbourne, Australia

* New York City, USA (formerly)

Past profession(s): Rockstar: Singer and guitarist

Family:

* Digger Douglas (husband)

* Lars Douglas (son)

* Oberon Douglas (son)

* Nathan Pandit (son-in-law)

* Namgung Angela (ex-daughter-in-law) (incarcerated)

* Avi Douglas (grandson)

* April Douglas (granddaughter)

* May Douglas (granddaughter)

* June Douglas (granddaughter)

Affiliation(s): DC/AC (formerly)

Profile

Height: 5'5"

Age: 69 (season 3)

Weight: 150lbs

Eyes: green

Blood: B-

The mother of Lars and Oberon Douglas, Poppy is an ex-rockstar and current grandmother of four wonderful grandkids. She has a pixie-cut hairstyle for her pale dirty blonde hair, dark green eyes, and a pair of rusty pink-framed glasses. She wears a dark purple, long-sleeve turtleneck, a deep magenta vest, dark pants with a black belt, and magenta slip-on shoes. She also has red rose-shaped stud earrings and a silver chain necklace with a small gold lock.

Synopsis

Poppy grew up in Melbourne, Australia, where she met and married high school sweetheart Ryan "Digger " Douglas. While Digger was stationed overseas, Poppy and her band toured the country performing their songs in stadiums packed with fans. The band made a name for themselves, and Poppy shined with them in the spotlight.

In her mid-twenties, she decided to take a break from the band and start a family. She welcomed her first child into the world, and his first cry was music to her ears. When she eventually went back to performing, she'd search the crowd for Digger and Lars after getting on stage.

Years later, Poppy gave birth to her second child, whom she named Oberon after the character from her favourite Shakespearian play. After his birth, Poppy decided to step off the stage permanently and began teaching private music lessons. While she misses the bright lights and screaming fans, she will never regret the memories made with her family.

Poppy always hoped she would be a grandmother one day, so when Lars told her Angela was pregnant, Poppy was overcome with joy. While she never fully approved of her son's choice of a wife, Angela made her son happy, so she kept her comments to herself... Most of the time.

A couple of years after the triplets had been born, Poppy, Digger, and Lars got a call that sent them rushing from New York to Concordia. Oberon was near death's door after being trapped in a house fire. Poppy never wanted to see one of her children so badly hurt and prayed every day that she wouldn't have to bury her baby.

Her prayers were answered when the doctors declared Oberon stable enough to be taken out of his medical coma. Poppy cried when she saw him open his eyes for the first time and held on tightly when Oberon squeezed her hand. Once he was given clearance to fly, Poppy and Digger got everything ready to bring their son with them to New York.

The next time Poppy had to sit beside her son's hospital bed was after Lars found his brother had overdosed on pain medication. She never imagined that her son would try to kill himself, but once she found out why he had done it, she finally understood what he had been truly going through.

She cried for the son-in-law and grandson she never got to meet. Both sounded lovely, and she cursed whoever had robbed her son of his family, of his happiness. She was even more upset that Oberon's agency denied him the opportunity to say goodbye and bury his boys.

Poppy and Digger did everything they could to help Oberon, including moving back to Australia to be with him, and later Lars and Angela sent the triplets there to live with them while they travelled with the Bureau. She and Oberon reconnect through music, and Poppy was so happy when she saw the light returning to his eyes.

When Poppy had the chance to meet Lars's team, she never imagined that it would lead to her finding out that Oberon's husband and son had never died in the fire. And while she wished they could have met under better circumstances, Poppy welcomed the two into the family with open arms.

After everyone was safe, Poppy and her family witnessed Lars, and the Bureau set sail for SOMBRA island. While she will always worry about her children's safety, she knows her son is in good hands with his team - a team who has become a family.

Following SOMBRA's defeat, Poppy and Digger reunited with their family and friends in New York to celebrate the Bureau's victory. After being told what had happened following the team leaving Australia, Poppy couldn't believe what Angela had done to betray the Bureau and Lars. While she always thought there was something strange about Angela, Poppy felt she truly loved her son. But she cannot forgive Angela for siding with SOMBRA after everything the Bureau had uncovered. Nor can she forget about the danger Angela put the team in and how it was her fault Oberon had suffered so much. Poppy can only hope that Lars will find happiness again, even if he never remarries, and that Angela will never hurt him or any of Poppy's family again.

Story Information

First appeared: United in Ashes

Trivia

* I chose the name Poppy because the flower symbolizes remembrance (in Canada and other countries) of people who died during times of war. And since I made her husband a veteran, it seemed fitting

* The lock on her necklace is the lock she used to lock her guitar case with when she toured with her band

* In case it wasn't obvious, her old band, DC/AC, is a parody of the real-life Australian band AC/DC

* She taught her children how to read sheet music and play guitar. She is currently teaching her grandchildren how to read sheet music

* Lars and Oberon get their love of puns, jokes, and pranks from Poppy