Patty Harrigan

Biographical information

Full Name: Pádraigín Ó hArgáin

Alias(es): Patty Harrigan

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Status: Deceased

Age: 26 (season 4)

Birth: 1864

Race: Human

Cause of Death: Stabbed to death

Nationality: Irish

Origin: Dublin, Ireland

Residence:

 *Concordia, USA

* Dublin, Ireland (formerly)

Profession(s): Maid

Profile

Height: 5'3"

Age: 26 (season 4)

Weight: 126lbs

Eyes: green

Blood: AB-

Patty was a young Irish immigrant in her mid-twenties with fair skin and green eyes. She kept her strawberry-blonde hair pulled into a bun with strands framing her face, and she had a white maid's cap. She wore a maid's uniform consisting of a modest black dress with puffy shoulders, brown shoes and white gloves.

Synopsis

Patty was the victim in Slash and Burn. She was an Irish immigrant who moved to Concordia a few years before the current time. She was employed as a maid for Oscar Trefusis and worked alongside the butler Colin James. Trefusis had confiscated her identification paperwork, preventing the woman from quitting and forcing her to be his slave. He paid almost nothing for her work and would order her to do the most horrible tasks, even if they were not usually her job.

While in Concordia, she became friends with Mary Patrick, a fellow Irish immigrant. While Patty didn't have much free time, when she did, she enjoyed spending it with Mary at the market. The older woman had a cart where she sold products from her farm, and sometimes, Patty helped her. When she could afford it, Patty would buy fresh homemade bread from Mary, who made some of the best soda bread in Concordia.

Patty also assists Mary in bringing her cousin Harriet and Daisy the cow to the city by lending her friend money, with the promise that Harriet would pay her back after her arrival. Patty planned to help the young girl find work, hopefully in a better place than where she worked. She didn't want to see another immigrant's dreams of a better life in America get crushed like hers had because of Trefusis. Harriet was so happy to be living in Concordia, and Patty didn't want to see the young woman lose the light in her eyes.

Leading up to her murder, she was involved in a brief relationship with Aidan Moran, but the relationship ended as quickly as it began. Patty found the sailor to be shallow and stupid. She considered him far from a gentleman and broke up with him after just one date. Of course, Aidan didn't take the rejection well, but Patty escaped before he could seriously hurt her.

During the fire in New Haven, Patty was murdered by her coworker Colin. She walked in on the butler attempting to steal from their employer and swore she would report Colin to Trefusis. Colin, fearing going back to jail, chased Patty into the burning streets of New Haven and stabbed her to death. And while he may have killed her to prevent going back to jail, in the end, Colin was arrested and sent to the very place he never wanted to be in again.

Story Information

First appeared: Slash and Burn

Trivia

* She replaced Harriet Patrick as the victim in Slash and Burn

* Her name is based on Harriet Patrick's. Her first name, Pádraigín, is Gaelic for Patricia (Patrick), while her surname, Ó hArgáin when Anglicized, becomes Harrigan, which the beginning sounds like Harry (Harriet)

* She Anglicized her name as she was told it would make it easier for her to get a job

* She was friends with Mary Patrick