Maria Sadik

"Apologizes about the guns but with the secrecy of the G.I.A., you can never be too cautious!" - Maria Sadik

Biographical information

Full Name: Maria Sadik

Alias(es): Kamaria (codename)

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Bisexual

Status: Alive

Age: 79 (season 3)

Birth: 1936

Race: Human

Nationality: Brazilian

Origin: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Residence:

* Istanbul, Turkey

* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (formerly)

Past profession(s): Ambassador of Earth

Family:

* Deniz Sadik (husband)

* Aslan Sadik-Halvorsen (son)

* Heimdall Sadik-Halvorsen (son-in-law)

* Adalet (Anders) Sadik-Halvorsen (grandchild)

* Ahmet Savage (great-grandson)

* Fili Savage (grandson-in-law)

* André Santos (grandfather) (deceased post Mysteries of The Past timeline)

Affiliation(s): G.I.A.

Profile

Height: 5'5"

Age: 79 (season 3)

Weight: 126lbs

Eyes: brown

Blood: O+

Originally from Brazil, Maria is the mother of Aslan Sadik-Halvorsen. She is below average height with skin the colour of rich chocolate and snow white, curly hair that she pulls back behind her head in a low, half ponytail. She often wears a pale lilac blouse with a long, darker purple coat over top, gray slacks and comfortable brown shoes. She also has purple framed glasses in front of her brown eyes and rose-shaped studded earrings.

Like her son, Maria can rarely be caught unarmed. She usually has two laser blasters on her which resemble small handguns but have glowing blue cylinders built into the barrels of the guns.

History

Maria Sadik is originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where she was raised alongside her siblings in a modest home by her parents. Growing up she always looked forward to Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, which her family attended every year. She even used to participate in various floats and performances before she moved away.

Unlike most members of the G.I.A., Maria's family had no knowledge or involvement with the agency before her recruitment. She learned about the universe beyond Earth's atmosphere through a mixture of luck and good timing. During her early twenties, the G.I.A. accidentally lost one of the aliens they were transporting through Rio during the Carnival.

Maria, who was one of the dancers, noticed the strange creature and assumed them to be a person dressed up in a very elaborate costume. She just thought that they were too shy to join the party, so she invited them to dance with her. It wasn't until hours after they met that the G.I.A. found them and Maria learned the truth about her dancing partner.

The agents who had been in charge of transporting the alien were Deniz and his partner. After learning the truth, Maria insisted on joining the G.I.A and with her new alien friend's reference, she quickly joined the agency.

She and Deniz remained friends and eventually began dating. After years together, Deniz proposed and the two got married surrounded by their family and closest friends. Even though Maria's family didn't know the truth about her work, they always supported her.

Some years after getting married, Maria and Deniz had their son Aslan. From the moment he was born he was a very active child, always exploring and getting into mischief. But his parents wouldn't want him any other way.

Maria would eventually become Ambassador of Earth where she would be the first to seriously advocate for Earth's integration into universal society. She has always believed that Earth could live peacefully with the rest of the universe since the day she shared with an alien in Rio back in her youth.

Events of Criminal Case

Season 2

Maria appeared alongside her husband at their grandchild's wedding. While she didn't say anything, she was very happy for Adalet and made sure to pack extra tissues for Aslan. (Her son likes to make people think he's a big tough guy, but Maria knows how emotional he can get when it comes to his baby).

Season 3

Maria became a suspect in the murder of Cybele Flores after overhearing and confronting Jack and Carmen about their investigation at the G.I.A's Istanbul outpost. She would later be proven innocent and was present when Aslan informed her friend Hazan about Ahmet's adoption. She also attended her great-grandson's birthday party and made sure to bring a few presents for him to unwrap and enjoy.

Organization(s)

G.I.A. (Retired)

Rank:

* Ambassador

* Assistant Ambassador (formerly)

* Agent (formerly)

Story Information

First appeared: Tying the Knot

Trivia

* Her codename, Kamaria, means "moonlight"

* People think Aslan gets his chaotic personality from Deniz, it actually comes from Maria. She's just better at containing it

* She is very proud that her son decided to become the Ambassador of Earth like her. There were a couple of other ambassadors between them, but Aslan took a lot of inspiration from his mother

* After retiring, she and Deniz make annual trips back to Rio de Janeiro to watch the carnival and celebrate the anniversary of their meeting

* She and Hazan have been friends since the two became neighbours. Maria remembers Hazan's daughter and vaguely recalls her friend taking care of Ahmet when he was a baby, but because of how hard Yasemin leaving Turkey with Ahmet was on Hazan, she tried not to bring them up around her friend