Devi Pandit

Biographical information

Full Name: Devi Pandit

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Status: Alive (incarcerated)

Age: 56 (season 3)

Birth: 1960

Race: Human

Nationality: Indian

Origin: Chhattisgarh, India

Residence: Chhattisgarh, India

Profession(s): Nurse

Family:

* Kavi Pandit (father)

* Mala Pandit (mother)

* Nathan Pandit (son)

* Oberon Douglas (son-in-law)

* Avi Douglas (grandson)

Partner(s): Léon Toussaint (ex-boyfriend)

Profile

Height: 5'5"

Age: 56 (season 3)

Weight: 154lbs

Eyes: brown

Blood: O-

The mother of Nathan Pandit, Devi is a middle-aged Indian woman with rich skin, black hair pulled into a tight bun, and brown eyes behind a pair of silver-framed glasses. She wears a Salwar Kameez in shades of purple: dark purple trousers underneath a lavender tunic, a matching dark purple transparent scarf wrapped around her neck, silver bracelets on both wrists, and brown sandals.

Synopsis

Devi hails from Chhattisgarh, India, where her mother raised her after her parent's divorce. Mala divorced Kavi when Devi was eight because he was always busy with work. While neither knew the truth about the man's job, Kavi tried his best to be there for his family, but eventually, Mala couldn't stand him always being gone, so she filed for a divorce.

Mala got custody of Devi and limited Kavi's time to see her to the extreme. Under her mother's guidance, Devi grew to hate her father for his absence and eventually refused to speak to him. Kavi respected his daughter's wishes even if it hurt him to lose her.

After graduating high school, Devi became a nurse and found work at her local hospital in the emergency room. It was here that she met Léon Toussaint when the man brought in one of his friends who had been injured during military training.

While some might say that a hospital isn't the place to find love, that wasn't the case for Devi and Léon. Once Léon's friend had been discharged, he and Devi exchanged numbers and made plans to have a date at a local restaurant.

Devi experienced happiness like never before when she was with Léon. Even her friends and coworkers noticed that the woman was friendlier and more pleasant to be around. Léon brought out the best in Devi; to this day, he is and always will be her one true love.

But sadly, Léon's deployment in India was coming to an end faster than the couple liked. He tried to get Devi to move with him to America and even offered to move to India, but Devi refused. She wasn't ready to give up India, nor did she want Léon to leave America after he told her about his desire to reconnect with his family. She refused to get in the way of him reconnecting with his family as she secretly longed to do the same with hers.