-021-

While she continued chatting with her 'friend', he felt he had lost everything. If only, he had the guts to tell her. But just as he tired to walk away...

The pain, it came back in it's full form, it was the birthmark

The pain, it came back in it's full form, it was the birthmark. The birthmark hadn't hurt at all since a while, and it felt as though it was taking out weeks of wait that very moment.

Donghyuck fell to his knees trying his best not to yelp in pain. I'm fine. I'm fine. Hold it all in. It's nothing. Don't create a scene. But it seemed as though the more the pain was being held in, it aggravated. Tears fell down his cheeks. It felt as if the end of his life was near. Amidst tears and failed attempts to get up, Donghyuck finally let out a loud scream in pure agony. He screamed out that one name, that came straight to his mind. The one he had no doubts calling out. 

~~~~~

MIJIN- Well I think I should be going, I'm starving now.
JIHOON- Okay then, eat well. Don't leave out on food. It's important. 
MIJIN- Yes yes su--

Before Mijin could complete her sarcastic comment, a twinge in her heart stopped her.  The cause of affliction, she could not put a finger on. Something isn't right. Someone is not okay. Something.. is off. Who was it?

"MIJIN!" 

Mijin looked behind, trying to locate where the familiar voice came from. Straight ahead, on the porch in front of the Epicheírisi, Donghyuck had fainted, having collected a huge crowd around him, students and professors, some on their phones calling for medics, while some medical students trying to provide on-spot help.

Sensing urgency, Mijin ran towards him. 

MIJIN- HYUCK!

Murmurs quickly filled the crowd as she came in.

"Isn't that his soulmate?" "I have heard the news of them being spotted together by the paparazzi." "You think they are dating?" "You never know about these rich business families honestly, poor girl."

Mijin knelt in front of the unconscious boy. "HYUCK! WAKE UP!" No response. She shook his hand. No response. 

"Ms. Suh, it's better advisable if you stay away from him and let the medics deal with it." Mijin turned around to see her Photojournalism professor, Prof. Bang, as she got pulled off of the ground, and out of the scene. Just then the surrounding voices went inaudible, and her own vision went to white. It was coming again. Another vision.

Flashback

"STAY AWAY FROM HER! STAY AWAY FROM THE HEARTLESS WITCH!"
"ALL THE TAXES, ALL THE FOOD SHORTAGES, IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF THESE RUTHLESS ARISTOCRATS!"
"YOU ARE NOT ONE OF US!"

End of Flashback

In the vision, Mijin had seen a hand being pulled away.

Mijin returned to the present situation as a hand held her own. 

"S-Stay h-here. D-Don't l-leave Maria.." 

Donghyuck's eyes were open, only slightly. Mijin could've sworn that she saw his eyes turned pure gold. They closed again, only to flutter open again. The former instantly got up, and looked around, noticing the crowd.

"Why am I here? Mijin, what's going on here?" He asked, completely clueless.

MIJIN- I'll tell you when you when you let go of my hand.

And so he did immediately, slightly flustered.

DONGHYUCK- A-Anyways- what's going on here?
MIJIN- You kinda fainted.
DONGHYUCK- I- what?
MIJIN- You heard me right the first time. Not going  to lie, you scared me there for a second--
DONGHYUCK- Did I?

A smirk formed across Donghyuck's face.

DONGHYUCK- Did I scare you beautiful? Perhaps you were scared of loosing me? *winks*
MIJIN- I was just being nice but here we are.
DONGHYUCK- You weren't just being nice babes I mean, if I were in your place I wouldn't want me to die. Like-- did you like you know go like, "OH YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN PLEASE DONT DIE ON ME" or some shi--
MIJIN- YOU ARE SO DEAD TODA--

Mijin raised her fist to punch him, but Donghyuck dodged her hit, causing Mijin to trip onto him.

Everyone in the crowd (Yes they were still there) was 'ooh'ing, some people taking out their phones. The headlines on tomorrow's news were obvious, "The Heir Of One Of The Largest Tech Companies Has Met His Soulmate", "College Love Story Of An Ambitious Soon To Be CEO", yada yada yada.

DONGHYUCK- Get off my coat woman!
MIJIN- Jeez okay it was an accident. Just come along for lunch will ya?
DONGHYUCK- WAS GOING THERE ANYWAYS, PFFT. What a joke. *rolls eyes*

~~~~~

SAYURI- That's our call.
RENJUN- Yes m'lady. *smiles*
SAYURI- Oh can you please not-- it has been near a 100 years you and I have known each other, you have to get over that stupid 'm'lady'. We are in the 21st century if you forgot.
RENJUN- K, whatever. You're rude.

The wings from their backs disappeared and the eyes changed back to normal brown.

Renjun and Sayuri approached the crowd of bewildered students and professors, who were still processing what happened.

RENJUN- EVERYONE! ARE YOU GUYS CONFUSED ONTO WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
SAYURI- IF YOU ARE, THEN KINDLY LISTEN UP! WE KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!

Everyone's attention diverted to the two.

RENJUN- AND WE'D APPRECIATE IF YOU MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT WITH US IF YOU WANT TO KNOW!

The curious crowd looked them in the eye.

SAYURI- OKAY EVERYONE. LISTEN UP. YOU GUYS SAW A SNAKE HERE THAT IS WHY YOU GATHERED HERE. ALL OTHER ONLOOKERS NOT PART OF THIS CROWD, YOU GUYS TOO.
RENJUN- NOW, YOU GUYS WILL MOVE ON WITH YOUR DAY, YOU NEVER SAW US AND WE NEVER ADDRESSED YOU. YOU WILL ALSO DELETE ALL PICTURES OF DONGHYUCK AND MIJIN FROM YOUR PHONES-- YES YOU TOO PAPARAZZI BEHIND THE BUSHES.
SAYURI- And also, Mr. Kim, I did not submit my presentation late.
RENJUN- That's cheating--
SAYURI- He cuts marks for late submission! And I am a devil for a reason.

Renjun sighed as they finally snapped their fingers. All the people in the crowd took out their phones, deleted the recently taken pictures and went away, as if nothing ever happened.

SAYURI- Tsskk.. weaklings. Anyways, let's go grab some lunch. I'm starving.
RENJUN- Then take someone's soul. You don't need to go to some cafeteria do you?

SAYURI- How did you get away with being an angel either ways? You are lowkey stereotypical and rude. Not let's go before I actually do what you just said.
RENJUN- I'm a 100% sure you will blow our cover someday.

~~~~~