-023-

Donghyuck took out the aged key as he approached the worn out door. He unlocked the door, but only after a few pushes did it open up.

Who would think that the heir of one of the biggest tech companies in South Korea was brought up in such a downtrodden old house?

Not much furniture was around, what was there was covered in a white dusty cloth. The walls were chipped off at many places, and a few pictures which hanged were covered in a big layer of dust.

The little gap through a small window let out a fading beam of light, not very prominent as dusk fell over the city.

It was pretty much abandoned.

Donghyuck paced about the living room of the house, which was as big as his now-home's attic. He didn't complain though, for the most precious and profound memories of his early life were made.

He roughly dusted the top of the couch that lay in the middle of the room. It had been ages, but time had not changed how it felt. Donghyuck was not the person to take things very seriously, not a lot of things managed to touch his heart, let far take him back to his little stack of memories. This house was that one rare thing which did.

The dusty photo frames caught his attention, stopping him in his tracks. He took the small cloth lying on the cabinet in the corner, and dusted them off, making sure that he was not going to sneeze at the immense amount of dust accumulated on them. Dusting, of course.. 

<<12 years ago>>

"Donghyuck, go and dust those photo frames." The mother ordered the 10 year old boy. He sulked, who would sacrifice play time for house chores? "But mom, I want to go play!" he replied, football in his tiny hands.

"You can play all you want when you are done with what I have told you to do. If we do the housework together, we'll get done sooner!" The mother said with a small smile, snatching the football and handing him the dusting rag.

Unlike what most people might presume, Donghyuck came from a pretty normal household. His father had passed away when he was very young, for which he never got to know him, a regret which would haunt him for all his years. His mother worked an office job to make ends meet. They had a small cozy house, which was well maintained by the mother.

Donghyuck was 10, and wanted to run away to the park, where he and his friends would play a number of games, and spend their time together. Beautiful times they were. The young boy pouted, but nevertheless went to heed to his mother's order as the latter exited the room. 

"Psst.. IDIOT! HEREEE~" 

Donghyuck looked over at the brown hair with a pair of eyes peeping through the couch, clearly trying to get his attention.

"Haeun?"

Lee Haeun, 2 years younger than Donghyuck, was his sister. She had the same attitude as her brother. She was just like him, you could easily tell they were siblings. They weren't just siblings though, they were best friends.