-024-

It was not a very bright day. The sun had been covered all over with clouds, as if it were going to rain. By the time Mijin arrived, it had even started drizzling. She saw him, white flowers in hand, looking blankly at the gravestone, an absolutely sorrowful sight. 

"I'm sorry for being such a bad brother Haeun. I'm sorry, for not being good to you. I'm so sorry." Donghyuck said, stuttering while doing so. Mijin's heart dropped. Seeing him like this, just, did not feel right. Her heart clenched at his tears. The glowing bracelet lit up the most prominent shade of dark blue. That color stood for grief, sorrow and remorse. 

"Hyuck?"

~~~~

He turned around slowly, not expecting to see who he just saw. He wiped away his tears hastily, fixing his voice. 

DONGHYUCK- M-Mijin- what are you doing here-

~~~~

She couldn't believe it. How can someone have the audacity to hide their emotions and bottle it up inside, when they have been doing it for God knows how long already?

MIJIN- SHUT UP.

Mijin said, in an aggravated voice. She was angry. Angry at him for the every time he lied saying he was fine. Every time he lied that he can do it. Every time he had bagged up his emotions and tried to forget about.

Donghyuck stared blankly at the other, not understanding what she was talking about. He wondered whether she had just encountered him all of a sudden, or had followed him all the way here.

MIJIN- SO YOU THOUGHT THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE GRIEVING WITHOUT LETTING ANYONE KNOW? YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH LYING? YOU THOUGHT YOU CAN SUFFER ALONE? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT WAY? HUNH?
DONGHYUCK- Mijin-

Donghyuck was surprised when two hands engulfed him in the warmest hug. He found unexpected comfort, it was the safest he had ever felt. Yet he was stunned, not knowing how to take all that in. He could feel his heart do a little skip

MIJIN- Hyuck, wanting a shoulder to lean on is not going to make you weak. You don't have to suffer alone. You have to stop thinking that it makes you vulnerable, so cry. If you want to, then cry. You have all the right to. No one's here. It's only me.

Her words were so soft and comforting that tears which had failed to come out earlier now did. He had never thought that someone could understand him this way, who would not let him fall on his own.

 He hugged her back, holding her close to him, as he cried silently, while she stroked his soft hair. 

"I m-miss her," he said amidst his sobs. 

DONGHYUCK- I h-hate that I was so f-fucking immature back then. She was a-always ahead of me, and if I-I had a choice I would give her all my years. I was a terrible brother. I had one chance yet I failed..

She had ever seen him like this, it almost felt like he had nothing to regret. His happy and sassy personality hid the sorrows and wounds that grew worse over the years, instead of healing, due to neglect. Those feelings had not once be heeded to by him, he hid them away in a unreachable part of his heart. 

Mijin was glad that he could let it all out. She could sense that he felt lighter. Maybe a few tears flowed out of her own two eyes as well, she couldn't help it. 

MIJIN- I don't know where your sister is now, but she is definitely in a good place. And wherever she is, she holds pride in saying that she was your sister. I just know. You were a teenager back then, you didn't mean all that, did you now?
DONGHYUCK- N-no.
MIJIN- That's it. She knows that. And do you think your sister..?
DONGHYUCK- H-Haeun.
MIJIN- Do you think Haeun would want you to grieve, want you to fall apart like this, hmm?