-042-

He didn't know he was signing up for trouble when he saw her the first time. And, considering all that had happened prior to it, he would've stayed at home the day they met.

But here he was again, a familiar feeling succumbing to him. A familiar feeling of unfathomable pain. 

He knew this was a horrible idea, to begin with. Because..

There she was, standing at the balcony of the rooftop restaurant. She had always been quite pretty: with her doe eyes and perfect cherry lips, and brown hair in a decent half ponytail. Those were few of the reasons Donghyuck had fallen for her, but mostly, it was her soft voice. Oh and, of course, her smile.

Those used to be enough to make his day. 

Since he had last seen her, she had grown up into a very beautiful woman.

"Yurim." He said in a slow voice, to acquire her attention. 

She looked at him, slightly surprised at the sudden presence. She looked him up and down. He looked back at her with a poker face, one void of love and compassion. 

"Hyuck. Hi." Yurim replied with a smile, which went unreturned; rather received a raise of eyebrow at the use of the nickname. "Donghyuck. That's what you call me."  Yurim frowned at his cold stance. "I'm sorr-" 

"Why did you want to meet me?" He asked, cutting off Yurim's words. "Can we please at least sit and talk?" Yurim asked pleadingly. "No." He reprimanded. "Please- I know why but- can you just sit and listen?"

Rich coming from you.

Donghyuck sighed. "Fine, make it quick." 

The two took a seat on one of the tables. It was not very crowded, just a few people here and there.

"Bonne soirée, sir and madam, what can I get for you?" The waiter asked. "Uhm can I have an arrabiata pasta for two-" 

"One. I'll have water, please."  Donghyuck intervened. "But-"

"Actually can I have an Australian Riesling, make separate bills, thank you." He added. I'll need to get drunk to deal with this shit. He muttered to himself. Yurim looked away, slightly embarrassed. The waiter nodded and smiled awkwardly, walking away.

"What is it that you called me here for? Make it quick, I don't have time." He said, not blinking once. "I- I- just."

She took a moment and exhaled.

"I've been thinking about you, for a while now, Hy- Donghyuck. About.. us."

Yurim was interrupted by the waiter bringing in the expensive Riesling, pouring it in the wine glass. 

"Perfect timing. Thank you." He said before taking a sip.

"..well as I was saying- it's- I'm really sorry for my actions from back then. I know I hurt you immensely. I was immature and made some foul decisions. I understand that what I did was not- not the best thing- but- yeah..."

Donghyuck looked at Yurim dead in the eye. And he knew she was lying. 

"Are you done?" He asked, to which Yurim nodded. "Now listen to me."

Donghyuck straightened up his posture. 

"A lot of things have happened in the past and one of those things is you. I'll be straightforward: I say that in an extremely negative sense, might I add. I might forgive you for what you have done, but I will never forget. And, considering what you had done, I don't think I lie in a position to do either. I don't want you in my life, quite frankly, since you've always been bad news. That stands even now, you must realize that I can read you like an open book."