-034-

A few days later,

As informed by the doctor, Donghyuck had sprained his ankle because of the fall and hence was sent back home for bed rest. It was nothing too major.

After a few days, his friends had decided to pay him a visit at his house.

SAYURI- Donghyuck's residence is not too far from Neo Tech, not going to be a long journey. Probably just about 10 minutes. Why did you call us early?

Sayuri enquired to Renjun, the person who was currently driving them there.

RENJUN- You know the security arrangements they have at the mansion, I was just a little paranoid about those.

It was a pleasant autumn Sunday morning, a gentle breeze flew across and the trees rustled outside.

MIJIN- Security? I mean makes sense- but-
JISUNG- Noona, last time we were there we had to go through a proper security check to enter. Yes, even us.
SAYURI- A lot of cons of the rich and famous life too you know, they are never safe.
CHENLE- Okay but Mrs Lee makes cookies on Sundays, ain't no way we miss those. :(
RENJUN- Why do you think we are visiting on a Sunday? Because we care? Hell no. Its just the cookies.

Everyone in the car chuckled, enjoying the daily dose of Donghyuck slander, with Renjun taking the lead.

MIJIN- DID I HEAR COOKIES-
SAYURI- You'll probably smell them from a mile away. They are.. delicious. Mrs Lee has always had a knack for baking. Sunday is when she gets to enjoy herself. So yeah.
RENJUN- And we are here-

Mijin gaped. Two giant iron gates guarded the entrance, two guards standing next to each.

GUARD- Roll down the windows who is- oh Renjun! Delight to see you after a long time, kid.

Renjun was relieved to see a guard who recognized them.

RENJUN- Good to you see too sir, how have you been?
GUARD- Been well. Clear the way, I know them.

After the car being checked, the doors opened.

It was Mijin's first time seeing Donghyuck's residence, and for one fact she knew he was rich, but today was the day she realized exactly how rich he was. Her jaw dropped at the sight of the grand mansion that stood in front of them. There ought to have been a minimum of 5 water fountains at each entrance.

There was a beautiful lawn ahead of the mansion was filled with birdhouses and flowers, sweet chirping of the birds well audible to their ears.

SAYURI- Shocked?
MIJIN- I mean- I didn't know he was rich rich, like RICH RICH.
SAYURI- Well, guess that's one revelation.

~~~~

"Oh my my, won't you look at who's finally up?"

Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee sat at the dining table as the two sons came in.

MARK- Good morning to you too, mom and dad.
DONGHYUCK- What are you nagging us about? It's Sundayyy. Come on.

"Good morning, Mark and Donghyuck, what do you want for your breakfast today?"

The cook asked, a smile on her face.

DONGHYUCK- I'll have.. let's see, a grilled Mexican sandwich, soufflé pancakes, a sunny side up with bacon? Also orange juice please.
COOK- Got that, you, Mark?
MARK- I'll have waffles topped with maple syrup and berries, two chocolate donuts and a cheese salad please, also with orange juice thank you!
COOK- Got that! We'll have that down for you in 10 minutes.
DONGHYUCK- Great! Thank you!
COOK- Are you feeling any better Donghyuck?
DONGHYUCK- Still using the crutches but better.

The 50 year old woman ruffled their hairs affectionately before heading to the kitchen.

MR. LEE- We are having breakfast together after a long time, ay boys?
DONGHYUCK- Yep.
MARK- Been a while, yes.

Donghyuck reached out for the napkin, but his mother stopped him.

MRS. LEE- Table manners?
DONGHYUCK- I- fine. *mimics a very bad British accent* mArK hYuNg cAn YoU pLeaSe pASs mE tHe nApkIn.
MARK- bUt i wIlL nOt pAsS yOu thE nApkIn mR dOngHyuCk LeE .
DONGHYUCK- I wIlL sEt WaR uPoN iF yOu DoNt.
MARK- You make me chUcKle. HA HA HA.
DONGHYUCK- DO YOU REALIZE YOU SOUND LIKE A WISH VERSION OF SANTA CLAUS-
MARK- I WILL NOT HESITATE TO KICK YOUR FOOT-
DONGHYUCK- TRY ME-

MR. LEE- Okay okay calm down both of you end of war time. Mark, pass the napkin.
MARK- You are no fun I swear-

The family chuckled as the food was served in front of them.

Just as they were eating came in Mijin, Renjun, Jaemin, Jisung, Chenle and Sayuri.

DONGHYUCK- What are you guys doing here?
RENJUN- We are here for our share of cookies. :)
MRS LEE- Kids! How are you all?
SAYURI- Doing well Mrs. Lee. How are you guys?
MR LEE- We are doing well too. Just you know, walking through life.
MARK- Donghyuck can't relate.

Everyone snickered at the presently crutch-dependent Donghyuck as he hit Mark in the arm.

MARK- Okay damn sorry- ow-

MR. LEE- Why don't you guys join us for breakfast? Come on in.
JAEMIN- We are good Mr. Lee, we just ate breakfast in the uni cafeteria.
MRS. LEE- Make yourself comfortable though, have some snacks if you wish, I'll bring the cookies.

The lot sat down on the glorious dining table and Mrs. Lee left for the kitchen

RENJUN- And what about you, has the ankle gotten better?
DONGHYUCK- Yeah I mean- its better. I might return back to the dorms soon. 
MIJIN- Oh man, that means we will have to deal with you all over again.
RENJUN- Girl- he's literally my dormmate so if anyone deals with him the most its me. 
DONGHYUCK- I- dad you seeing this slander-
MR LEE- Oh of course of course yes, dOnT sAy ThAt To mY sON *whispers* actually continue, we are dealing with him too-

DONGHYUCK- YOU KNOW I CAN HEAR YOU RIGHT-

Unlike the usual "business family" stereotype, Donghyuck and Mark's parents were very well connected to their sons. They were a very happy family, and Mr. and Mrs. Lee were very down to earth people. Although they had earned a lot of money and fame, they were always very simple and stuck to their values, and taught the same to the young adults.

The smell of fresh cookies was not late to reach the noses of the guests as the tray of the baked goods was placed in front of them.

SAYURI- You are still the best baker we know, Mrs. Lee. *smiles*
MRS. LEE- Oh my- you flatter me. Thank you honey. 

Everyone jumped onto the cookies like wild wolfs and only within minutes, the tray had been emptied. 

After the cookies Mark and Donghyuck excused themselves to get ready. 

MR. LEE- So kids, how's college going for you guys? School for you Chenle and Jisung?
RENJUN- It has been going smoothly, Mr. Lee. 
CHENLE- Same for us. 
MRS. LEE- Aren't you passing out from high school this year, Chenle?
CHENLE- Yes Mrs. Lee. 
MR. LEE- So, any plans?

I can't tell them yet. He thought to himself.

CHENLE- Oh well, you know, college and stuff. Hehe. 

Chenle let out an internal sigh of relief at the satisfaction received by the lie. He had hid something from his friends for quite some time now, and he didn't think it would be right to make this the moment to reveal the truth, especially not in front of Donghyuck's parents.

He didn't want to hurt anyone afterall, especially not a specific someone.

~~~~~