-028-

Sayuri looked out of the window as Mijin slept, patting her head with gentle hands. 

You have come a long way child, but you have a longer way to go. 

It was strangely peaceful, seemingly one of those calm before the thunderstorm scenarios. Something had happened, something was off, but she couldn't point a finger at what exactly it was. Some surprising news was on the way, she was not sure if she wanted to listen. 

"Sayuri! I've got news!"

Sayuri looked across to see Renjun panting at the door entrance, he seemed to be in a hurry

SAYURI- Shhh! *whispers* She's sleeping. 
RENJUN- *whispers back* Okay jeez, I got it. I need you to come with me though. This very instant.
SAYURI- What's wrong?
RENJUN- More than you'd imagine. Come on now, I don't have all day.
SAYURI- Obviously you don't. It's night. 
RENJUN- Good heavens-

Sayuri got up from the bed and walked towards the boy.

SAYURI- If it's urgent, my angel friend, I'd rather not have you waste time on your temper. Basically, shut the hell up. 
RENJUN- Devils, tsk tsk tsk. Come on now.

~~~~~

SAYURI- YOU CAN'T TELL ME DONGHYUCK DID--
RENJUN- Yes he did. 
SAYURI- Humans, honestly. Eight whole centuries and I am yet to understand their nuisance. 

RENJUN- I mean- he doesn't know yet, so cut my guy some slack? 

Yes, Renjun had seen in front of his very two eyes what had happened between Donghyuck and Jihoon. He was there, not visible to either, but he was there when it happened. And here he was, an hour after, telling Sayuri what had happened. They were walking around the city, talking about what their next plan of action would be. 

RENJUN- Do you think Jihoon's manipulating him?
SAYURI- I don't think so. If you look at it closely, it's a very Donghyuck-like thing to say. 
RENJUN- You think so?
SAYURI- I know so. He has always had a knack for challenging. That's exactly what he was doing here. He wants to see for himself whether it is him or Jihoon who Mijin likes. 
RENJUN- The person who he is challenging is Park Jihoon, I'm kinda worried, not gonna lie.
SAYURI- And the Jihoon he is facing is because of the curse he had given him in his last birth. What is done, has been done. It can't be reversed. 

Renjun stopped walking and looked at Sayuri.

RENJUN- You always say that, Yuri. But, you are the heir to throne at Hell. I mean, I know I can't do anything, I'm just an ordinary Guardian Angel, but you are literally the Devil Princess, The Dark Mistress, The One Who Reigns All That Is Evil--
SAYURI- Can we not with all those titles? I like none of them. Like- don't they sound tacky, ThE dArK MiStReSs, it just- you'd picture a haggard old woman who can't walk right and is like "i WiLL cOnsUme YouR sOULLL~". Sounds like a human stereotype to me. And as you can see, that is not true in my case, I look pretty young and lively if I say so myself. *flips hair*