7

Love Finds You In The Weirdest Ways...

.

.

.

Briana was shocked. Was he really asking her what she assumed he did or was is some kind of hallucination? Of course, Briana knew whom he went with that night.. but doesn't he know? Or was he just testing her?

Seeing her hesitation, Jake thought she probably feels embarrassed talking about her boss's flings so he let the topic go.

"Never mind!", he said and got back to his work.

**

Soon they had landed in their city. Jake was just about to sit in his car from the airport when he saw Briana and Ricky board the car together. That just confirmed his suspicions.

For sure the two of them were dating!

People and romance!

He shook his head and drove off to his place.

On the other hand, Ricky had offered to drop Briana. After a certain amount of contemplation, she agreed. Initially, she had tried to call for an Uber but it kept on declining so with no other option left, she gave in.

"So, how was the trip?", Ricky tried to strike a conversation with her. Suddenly, she started choking on her own saliva as the question popped out of nowhere.

"Why-why do you ask?", she asked trying to calm herself down.

"Umm just like that. I didn't get to see you or speak to you much", he shrugged.

Oh, so that was a casual question. For once Briana thought that he was hinting at something else.

"It was okish I mean it was just meeting and all", she said trying to sound as casual as possible. "How was yours?", she asked directing the attention to him.

"I'm happy that we got the deal, though, I didn't like it much", he said, looking outside.

"Hmm? But why?", she asked, curiously.

"Because I didn't get much time with you!", he said, turning back to her.

"Excuse me?", she arched her brows at him.

"I mean I thought I'd see more of you.. in that part specially", he said as he sat facing her. "You looked really pretty that night! I mean, there was no man in that club who could have resisted looking at you!", he complimented her. Briana was completely shocked! She didn't expect Ricky out of all the people to say that to her. He's always been like a brother to her, at least that's what she thought of him.

"Umm, thanks", she said pursing her lips together.

The rest of the ride went just like that, with Ricky complimenting her and she, trying to dodge the topic.