29

If only he knew that he was my Safe Haven..

.

.

.

Briana was standing in her balcony, sipping the latte that she happens to develop a liking for, after all it was what Jake preferred. As she stood there in peace, her eyes travelled to everything that they could see. To say that she was staring into the infinity would be the right expression of her state.

The latte was hot and the weather was mildly cold. Staying alone for some time was definitely one of the good decisions that she had taken. Grabbing a little time away from Jake totally helped her in building a new relationship with Ricky as she saw more of him every day. He came by every day before heading to the office and after he came back.

They spent hours together, talking about everything just like they used to do when they were just friends. The only difference was that he used to steal kisses every now and then as they talked.

Briana wasn't used to these things but she knew, she will get habitual to all these things that he did. He also kept her updated about the things happening in the office and the new projects that they had undertaken. And just because of all these things, she happened to know everything about the affair blossoming between Jake and Mia for she used to come by almost every day. Sitting in his office for hours, they spent good time with each other.

Ricky used to talk about his boss and his affairs only when he and Briana ran out of topics

Ricky used to talk about his boss and his affairs only when he and Briana ran out of topics. However, little did he know that it was the most sensitive topic for her. Just like that, standing there in the balcony, she thought about the whole week that she spent at home, contemplating on the choices she made in her life and how they played a crucial role in her being where she was.

But then she was also bored at home because taking a break for her was like taking a break from Jake, which she absolutely despised, until now. However, that's what she preferred now. But work is work and that's when she decided to rejoin. Because honestly, she had to give him a piece of her mind and roll back into the schedule.

Just then, her phone rang. She rolled her eyes at the thought of the only person who could call her at this hour. Fishing out the phone from her pocket, she shook her head when her guess turned out absolutely right.

 Fishing out the phone from her pocket, she shook her head when her guess turned out absolutely right