20

Triggering a Decent Person can show you HELL!!

.

.

.

The ride back home was silent, way too silent. Neither of them spoke. It was a calm ride but only they knew how much uproar was inside the either of them. Jake's hands clutched the steering wheel so tight as if his life depended on it while Briana gripped the seat covers as Jake was driving insanely.

She had asked him to slow down once or twice but it didn't work. Jake was furious. How could the jerks try to get into their way again? Even after receiving a deathly warning from him?

Jake knew what he had to do. They touched Briana, who had been saving his ass ever since. How could he let them go just like that?

They needed to be taught a lesson!

.

.

Soon, they were at Briana's. She got out of the car and waited for him to join her. Jake followed suit and took out her things from the trunk and followed her inside. He kept the things on the floor while she went forward and poured a glass of water for him.

Not as a guest, but to calm him down because she was very well aware of the turmoil he was in

"Thank you, sir. I don't know what could have happened if you hadn't reached there on time", she said while playing with her fingers.

Jake was silent as he returned the glass to her after emptying it. They both stood there uncomfortably, not knowing what to say. Briana was waiting for him to leave while Jake was waiting for her to speak.

As usual, Briana broke the silence first.

"I think you need to rest. It's better you head home", she said earning a glare from him.

"What do you mean 'head home'?", he narrowed his eyes at her.

"I mean- you..you should probably get going. We got work tomorrow", she said hesitantly.

"Have you gone crazy? Those rascals are still out there, God knows where! They know where you stay! So what's stopping them from not attempting what they tried previously?", he narrowed his eyes as he chided her.

"Sir, I'll be okay. I know how to protect myself", she stated.

"Yeah! I could see that!", he rolled his eyes at her.

"I mean it! I was about to kick them in the balls but then you came", she declared, earning a dry laugh from him. "What was that for?", she pouted.

"If you were so well versed with what you had to do then why didn't you do it already?", he said placing his hands over his hips.

"I-I.."

"What? Now you got no excuse?", he mocked her.

She was about to open her mouth for another vengeful retort when she noticed something.