27💋

Sometimes I wish... That I could wish it away...

(Wreaked- Imagine Dragons)

.

.

.

Everything around them stopped. Everyone paused or was she just hallucinating all those things? Briana was shocked to the core. She treated him like a good friend but never knew he saw her for someone much more than just a friend.

People around them were staring. Briana and Ricky now had everyone's attention, practically possible. Ricky was still on his knees, waiting for her answer. On the other hand, Briana wanted to say a lot more than just a yes or no, but how was she supposed to get the words out of her mouth? What was she supposed to say?

She didn't want to break his heart, but at the same time, she didn't want to break her own heart.

'Oh Ricky, you have no clue what dilemma you've put me in!', she thought.

Just as she was about to say something, her eyes landed on a particular person, actually two people, along with rest of the guests, staring at them.

She looked at him and he was looking back at her. There were looks being exchanged between Briana and the person sitting right at the other end of the restaurant.

Jake, along with that girl, Mia had occupied one of the private cabanas as they stared down at his employees. It was at that moment that something in Briana broke. She saw the love of her life having the time of his life with someone else, and how much it hurt her to see them together, he had no clue.

But was it Jake's fault?

He didn't even know that she had feelings for him!

Moreover, she was the dumb one to fall in love with her Casanova boss who's not a one woman man.

Yes, that's right!

Briana was very well aware of the kind of image he possessed but that never bothered her, until now!

When she actually saw him occupied with someone else.

Her heart broke every time she thought about the two of them together and how she'll never be able to have him for herself.

"Hello? I'm still down here!", Ricky interrupted her trail of thoughts.

Briana instantly looked down at him. She saw the determination and insecurity in his eyes. No wonder she was the reason behind them. Her one 'yes' could lighten up those blue orbs staring expectantly at her, On the other hand, a 'no' would just make water pool around them.

She tore her gaze away from him, shifting it to the person she loved.

'I know how it feels to be rejected by the person you love, to have the feeling that you'll never be good enough for them, no matter what you do! So it's better if some of us could get the one we love'