8

Bruised by LOVE....

.

.

.

The next day, Briana made sure to cover the usually visible parts of her body which clearly showed the marks of the naughty night she had with her boss. Keeping only her face as the visible part, she entered the office at the usual time.

"BOOO!!!!"

Briana shrieked at the sudden surprise as she turned around to see who it was. There, right behind her stood Ricky who was laughing uncontrollably, clutching his stomach.

"Ricky!!!!! Are you crazy!!!! You scared the crap out of me!", she punched him on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Briana.. but I-I couldn't control myself!", he said between his laugh.

"Idiot! What'cha do that for?", she asked, masking her shock and trying to cover herself.

"I mean look at you! You look like a fucking detective! Why are you wearing an all-covered blouse in this weather?", he said, eyeing her head to toe. "You look like a spy undercover!", he said knitting his brows together.

Briana's attire was indeed quite inappropriate for the kind of weather it was. However, what concerned her the most were the prints she was carrying on her body. If someone saw that, how in the world was she supposed to explain all of them to anyone?

So it was better to be all-covered but she was catching people's attention.

"Oh, I-I'm just feeling.. a bit under the weather..", she stammered.

"Are you alright? Do you want me to take you to the medical room?", Ricky asked with concern lacing his tone.

"No-Naah! I mean I'll be okay", she tried to wave off the topic.

"Are you sure, Briana? You can always rest at home. I'll inform Jake", he said holding onto her arm.

The mere mention of his name was enough for Briana to hyperventilate. He was the only one who do all those things to her even in his absence. If this was her condition in his absence, what will happen when she finally has to face him!

 If this was her condition in his absence, what will happen when she finally has to face him!

"Briana?", Ricky shook her. "Are you even listening to me?", he tilted his head towards her.

"Ya, I'm-"

Briana was cut off when the sound of the elevator dinged, announcing the arrival of the devil himself. Both of them turned around to look at him and greeted him while Jake just strode right into his office like always.

"I gotta go. I'll catch you later!", she said.

"Sure. Take care and call me if you need anything!", with that said, both of them turned around and went to their desks.