24

When your Brain starts playing tricks with your mind, You know you have fallen in LOVE...

.

.

.

That evening when Jake went back home, he made sure to file a complaint against those cops who harassed Briana the other night. He made sure that they were suspended for doing the opposite of what they were supposed to; to protect the public and not harass them. However, he didn't know the cause behind their brawl with him but he made sure to treat them in hell.

That night when he reached home, he took off his jacket and threw it on the couch. Taking off his clothes on the way, he reached his room in only trousers. Rest everything had been taken off on the way.

By the time he reached his room, his mind was already a big mess. The whole day he couldn't get that girl out of his head. He was so shocked by her presence that he even forgot to ask her name. On the other hand, he saw that mole on Briana. He had no clue what games his brain and life were playing with him. Only he knew how badly he wanted to find out who that girl was with him.

Unable to think straight, he went over to the table kept beside his bed. He bent down to open the last drawer. From in it, he pulled out a broken piece of the bracelet, the only thing he had of that girl from that night. If he were supposed to find out who that girl was, it was time he use it.

With that thought in his mind and the broken piece of bracelet in his hand, he lied down on the bed, only to let exhaustion overwhelm him.

.

.

The next morning, Briana woke up in a foul mood. She couldn't sleep properly at night. One sight of him with someone else, and her whole day was ruined. For the first time in her life, Briana actually thought that she had a chance, a chance to be with the person she loved, but looks like destiny has some other plans.

She got out of the washroom and headed towards her closet, only to be stopped abruptly by the insane ringing of her phone. She went over to her table with a bathrobe wrapped around her body as she picked up her phone.

On seeing the caller id, she frowned, but answered it anyway.

"Really? This early? All okay?", she spoke into the phone.

"Okay okay, lady! Now that's no way to greet such a sweet person on such a sweet day!", she heard sarcastic Ricky on the other side.

"Really Rick? What is it? I gotta get ready or else I'll be late!", she sighed.

"How about I say that you won't be late today?", he said.

"Huh? What do you mean?", she asked as she knitted her brows together.