19

If Only The Hearts Knew They Were Meant For Each Other!

.

.

.

The day went by quickly. However, for Briana, each moment made her feel a little different today. And she very well knew the reason behind it.

Jake freaking Cooper!

He kept on stealing glances at her. Thinking that she didn't know about them, he kept doing it but to her advantage, she knew what exactly he was doing all day long. Like, c'mon, she's been with him way too long to not notice when he is acting strange and all.

 Like, c'mon, she's been with him way too long to not notice when he is acting strange and all

On the other hand, Jake was very much impressed after she bailed him out last night. It's not just about bailing him out, but also the kind of efforts she put for him all the days he was at her mercy, at her place, without demanding anything financial like increment or incentives or something. So that means she did nothing for the increment but out of humanity?

It was hard to digest!

He didn't know it either.

He was baffled just as much as her.

Only difference being the reason behind their confusions. And to clear that, he kept staring glances at her the whole day.

She's a good assistant. A good human and also.

'And what?', his brain retorted.

-And I don't know!!!

.

.

Briana called for an Uber home. She was just sitting in the cab when suddenly her phone rang. It was a notification bell.

She fished it out of her bag and unlocked the screen only to find a reminder.

'Buy groceries back home!'

"Oh shit! I had to restock the pantry and I totally forgot about it!", she face-palmed herself.