14💋

One of the Best Days of her life, eh?.....

.

.

.

Briana was working in the kitchen, making noodles for breakfast. However, her mind kept going back to the time they had spent together in her room. For the first time, they had talked about something other than work. She was happy for he was there with her and she had all the time in the world to take care of him, to be with him. At the same time, she was also worried about him, about his health issues.

Her thoughts were all jumbled up. Her mind was a mess between the good and the bad moments. The car accident, the blowing up of the engine, him being drunk were all worrying her to the core.

What could have happened if the people didnt get him out at the right time?

What if he had met with a bigger accident, a more serious one?

What if his injuries were fatal? What could have happened then?

She was just thinking about all these thing when the doorbell rang abruptly

'Who could it be early in the morning?', she thought as she wiped her hands off to get the door.

As soon as she opened the door, she was greeted by two police officers. One of them took off his sunglasses, as she greeted them.

"Yes? How can I help you?", she asked with a confused smile on her face.

"We're investigating an accident that took place nearby. We were informed that the victim has been taken in by you", he said.

"Yes, that's right", she said confidently, not knowing what she was signing up for.

"Perfect, we'd like to meet him if he's in a stable condition to talk!", the other one came up and said.

"He's injured his head and some bruises here and there but apart from that, I guess he can help you!", she said and earned a chuckled in response from them as they mumbled something.

"Sure, he'll be of great help to us!", they said emphasizing on the words 'great help' and proceeded inside the house.

"This way please", Briana guided them to the guest room.

She opened the door to the room as all of them walked inside. On reaching the bed, they saw Jake covered in sheets and snoring lightly. A smile made its way on her lips as she saw him sleeping soundly.

"Well, I'm afraid you'll have to come some other time as he's sleeping. Probably because of the medicines", she whispered politely.

"Sorry Miss but we need to talk to him right now! The jurisdiction can't wait for people to sleep", one of the officers said with boldness.