33

They say Love is Just Around the Corner.. but Where to find that Corner?

.

.

.

Jake stood in front of Briana with nothing but hurt in his eyes. At some point of time in the day, he actually cursed himself for not seeing past her. When he finally discovered that it was Briana who he had been looking for, everything seemed to fall back in place.

That day when Briana came to help him pack his things in the hotel after that night at the club, he remembered noticing bruises on her knees and hands. Hell, she even had some hickeys that he thought were from Ricky. Then, the other day, he saw the same mole on her breast as seen on that girl.

Later, he even noticed change in her behavior, when she overworked herself, just to make sure that he was fine, took care of him, got him out of the jail with demanding nothing in return.

Moreover, Mia never had the bracelet that Briana had from the pictures he saw on his phone.

How the hell in the world could he be so blind?????

Why didn't he notice the changes that came over Briana after that night???

"Jake You're scaring me..", she yelped as she tried to wiggle her hand out of his grip. But it didn't help, but trigger him and he tightened his hold on her.

 But it didn't help, but trigger him and he tightened his hold on her

"Now, I'm scaring you? Really?", he asked, sarcastically.

"OkWhat is it?", she asked, giving up.

He left her hand, instantly, which hung by her side limply.

"I came here to tell you something", he started as he walked past her. "Since, you were my assistant for most of the time, I think you have the right to know about some of the most important things in my life", he said.

Briana turned around to look at him but to her dismay, his back was still facing her as he walked around her.

"So far you know everything about my life, from my family to my friends and colleagues, right?", he turned around to look at her. Briana didn't know how to react so she just nodded, slightly. "Good, but there's still one thing that you need to know", he said, trying to compose himself. "About-about my love life", he said gulping down visibly.