17

Love and Determination gets you even through FIRE...

.

.

.

Soon enough, Briana was standing right in front of the house where she was determined to be at. She looked at the name plate placed outside the house and then at the big barricade like gate.

Now, this was the only way of getting Jake out of the prison. She prayed for one last time before gathering all the courage she had and made her way inside the property.

She reached the door, however, contemplated about knocking on it. What if the person is rude and cruel like those officers? What if he's worse than them?

She panicked and almost dropped the idea of doing what she came here for in the first place. But then something stopped her from going back. After all, she didn't come this far just to back off at the last minute.

'You can do it! Give it a shot!', she persuaded herself.

She closed her eyes and thought about Jake, about how much he'll suffer if she didn't even try

She closed her eyes and thought about Jake, about how much he'll suffer if she didn't even try. She gently opened her eyes and blew out a sigh.

This was her moment!

She had to do it!

She raised her hand to knock, but was astonished when somebody opened the door even before she could knock.

"Who are you?", the person asked, holding a riffle in his hands.

"The fuc-"

Briana froze to her spot!!!

She was bewildered.

This was definitely not something that she had mind!!!

"Answer me, lady! I've seen you walking back and forth on my property!", he said, glaring at her. "I have cameras installed everywhere!", he said. Briana took a step back and looked around to see the cameras.

They were surely hidden because she wasn't even able to spot one!

"Answer me before I shoot you!", he gnarled.

"Wai-Wait! I came here to talk!", she raised her hands in surrender.

.

.

.

Jake was sitting in his cell, figuring out ways to get rid of the place he was stuck in. Moreover, the officers were absolutely useless as none of them were ready to listen to him.

Hell! They even denied him of the basic rights a person in custody is entitled to. Jake was vengeful and raging like a beast! He didn't know what to do now. For the first time in his life, he was feeling so useless.