23

Words are the Deadliest Swords! Once used- cannot be undone!

.

.

.

Briana followed him all the way to their floor but as soon as she got out of the elevator, he had already reached his cabin and banged the door shut. Briana flinched at the sudden loud noise as everyone gathered around to see what happened.

She could hear people whispering behind her about some failure in the project or about not having a good night sleep or something else. Briana got angry at their assumptions as they all made judgements just like that!

Knowing that fighting with them won't do her any good, she just, like a good ignorant employee, rolled her eyes and walked to her table. Upon settling all the things on the it and grabbing her iPad, she headed towards his cabin. Without knocking on the door because she knew he won't reply, she walked in only to get the shock of her life.

Jake stood with his back towards the door while a girl was hugging him tightly as if her life depended on it. Briana couldn't believe what was ahead of her, what she was witnessing. The girl didn't look familiar at all which meant she probably was one of his one night stands. On the other hand, Jake was reciprocating the gesture as he had his hands wrapped around her waist- but loosely.

The shock overwhelmed her, making the iPad fall from her hands, catching the attention of the people hugging each other

The shock overwhelmed her, making the iPad fall from her hands, catching the attention of the people hugging each other. Jake turned around instantly and steadied himself while the girl acted being caught red-handed.

On realizing what it must have looked like, she picked up the iPad from the floor and apologized at once.

"Sorry sir, I'll just come later", she said with her head held low as she tried to fight back her tears.

Before Jake could say anything, she opened the door and rushed outside. She splashed the things on her table and she sat down to calm herself down.

"No no no no no!!!!", she mumbled. "I can't be so weak!!! It's ok! It's fine!!!! It's my mistake!!! I shouldn't have walked right in like that!", she cursed herself, holding her head in her hands. "I'm just an assistant and have to obey the rules! He's my BOSS, for God sake!!!!", she grunted under her breath.

"And mine too!", she heard someone. She lifted her head up only to find Ricky standing in front of her table. Suddenly, narrowing his eyes at her as he leaned forwards, "Are you ok, Briana?", he asked looking concerned.

 Suddenly, narrowing his eyes at her as he leaned forwards, "Are you ok, Briana?", he asked looking concerned