13

The Worst Feeling is when you know the person you Love is nearing Death....

.

.

.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that you were awake", Briana apologized, blinking rapidly.

Jake was taken aback for a moment, because he knew he got lost for a moment, which was definitely not usual for him. Thankfully she hadn't noticed it but inside he was feeling a little strange. He was about to open his mouth to say something when his eyes landed on their still interlinked hands and then back to her face which had all the tension of the world.

 He was about to open his mouth to say something when his eyes landed on their still interlinked hands and then back to her face which had all the tension of the world

For a second, Jake couldn't understand the situation. Why was she being so concerned about him? She's just an assistant but the amount of concern and care she was showing could qualify for a wife.

Wife???

What the fuc-

"Sir? Why aren't you talking?", his thoughts got interrupted by her. "Are you alright??? You need something?", she asked with concern lacing her tone.

She got up from her chair and leaned over to check his wound.

Upon her touch, Jake flinched a little as he didn't know that he was wounded there.

"Oh!! Sorry! Did I hurt you??? Are you in pain? Should I call the doctor???", she asked looking all worried and apologetic at the same time.

Jake couldn't come up with anything. He didn't know what to say or how to react. It was as if his tongue got tied, making him unable to utter a single word.

"Oh god, Jake, say something already!!! You're scaring me!!!", she insisted leaning closer.

Jake's lips parted in astonishment upon hearing his name and not the usual sir. Briana realized her mistake instantly as her eyes shot wide open.

"I-I-I mean sir wh- how are you feeling?", she said backing away while still holding onto his hand.

Jake looked at her confused self and then at their interlinked hands. Briana noticed where he was looking and then back at him. She looked back at their interlinked fingers and narrowed her eyes.