𝘀𝗶𝘅

[unedited]

burgers and boyfriends

"Danes! Coffee me, pronto!" I yelled as I ran into the diner, I didn't bother to take a seat as I knew my mother wasn't far behind. Straight to school, she said, but I couldn't not stop at the diner on my way. Luke didn't seem to care that I was in a rush, his body only moving slower as he began to make the coffee.

"You're not supposed to be in here, for—" he glanced at the calendar, "two more weeks."

"Did he seriously mark when I get ungrounded onto the calender?" I laughed as I leaned over the counter, reading the sloppy handwritten 'cher's release date' on their ford calendar. Not entirely sure why I expected any different from Wyatt.

"Your mother's passing the library." Luke said, pointing out the window to where the woman had been strolling down the block. She had a big smile on her face, which was sure to disappear the second she saw me inside the diner. But I had no way out, not without getting caught.

"I'm just gonna—" I took the to-go cup and ran upstairs, barging into Wyatt's room before quickly turning away with wide eyes. "Sorry!" I laughed, pushing open the door to the loft. Oops.

"Learn to knock, perv!" Wyatt yelled from his room as I sat at the dining table, my face as hot as my coffee.

I sunk down into the seat, sipping on my coffee as I waited for him to come out, "you know, most people check themselves out after they get dressed."

His bedroom door swung open and he walked out, tugging a t-shirt over his head. "Well, I thought 'hey, I know a certain red head who's bound to run into my room any second so I'll just throw off my towel now'." He retorted, smacking me in the back of my head as he walked to the fridge and taking out a gatorade. "How'd you get past Lorelai?"

"Told her I had to get to school early, all I wanted was coffee, didn't think I'd get a show with it." I laughed, definitely not going to stop teasing him.

"I can easily walk downstairs and tell your mom where you are." Wyatt said, glaring at me as he took a seat across from me.

"But you wont." He'd never give me up that easy, not if he wanted a chance to hang out ever.

"I hate you." He muttered, pulling his shoes out from under the table. "You and Iz coming to the game tonight?"

"I can try, don't know how I'll get past my mom though." I answered, drinking from my cup. "Oh, can I use your phone?"

He rose a brow at me, "let me guess, have to call your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend and yes, I'd like to tell him I'm not avoiding him." I said, holding my hand out for his phone.