𝘁𝗲𝗻

[unedited]

make ups and movies

make ups and movies

Every morning for nearly a month now, Molly had stood outside of the diner, waiting for Rory to bring out her coffee before heading to school. Wyatt had barely looked at her, the most interaction they'd had was when he had accidentally run into her in the hall. He could hold a grudge, she had no doubt in that, but she was sure he hated her at that point.

In actuality, Wyatt had only been doing what he thought she wanted. He was distancing himself, going against what he wanted, for the sake of no longer suffocating her. That, and he had thought too much on what Miss Patty had said the day everything happened. Although he had still hung out with Izzy when she hadn't been with Molly, he was missing the red head more than he wanted.

After the fight, Wyatt had started his therapy sessions again, Luke afraid he'd lose himself. He had taken the sessions throughout eighth grade to freshman year, when his anger and anxiety had been at its peak. Fights used to be a common thing for him, the lack of control heightened by his growing body. His therapist had suggested Hockey as a way to let it out without truly hurting anyone. That helped, along with Molly's support and his medication.

Anger and anxiety hadn't been the only thing Wyatt had been diagnosed with in his sessions though. He had abandonment issues, caused by the trauma of his mother. Wyatt had always wondered why he grew so attached to people so fast, the fear that they'd eventually leave always sitting in the back of his mind. He just never would've diagnosed himself with having an actual problem.

He also never told Molly of this, he didn't want her to feel trapped, like she had no other choice but to be his friend. Izzy knew, she'd been the one to comfort him when it had gotten bad, yet he couldn't bring himself to tell Molly. Even now, when he'd felt worse than ever, watching her sit outside the diner, too afraid to walk inside, all he could do was put on his best smile.

Most mornings, when she'd come by, he'd hide himself behind the counter, struggling not watch her—hoping to see a smile on her face. This morning was different though, he had left the diner early for a morning workout at the school. He thought if he left soon enough, he wouldn't run into Molly, that she'd come after he'd gone.

But Molly and Rory had an early morning as well, the red haired twin skating down the street with a tired smile as she yelled for her sister to walk faster. Molly hadn't payed much attention to her surroundings, to focused on teasing Rory to see Wyatt walking down the steps of the diner.

"Would you put down the book and—" Molly's body went flying forward, landing into the hard chest of Wyatt as he hit the cement. "Holy shit, I'm so—" she froze as she began to push herself up, Wyatt's baby blue eyes staring back at her in a daze. "I'm—I'm sorry." She stammered, scurrying up from the ground, her eyes glued to him.