𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

"We should go grocery shopping

"We should go grocery shopping." Molly stated, staring at the painfully empty fridge her mother rarely stocked. Lorelai looked at her daughter, a brow raised, "you know, I could report you to the state for child neglect." The teen said, closing the fridge with a sigh.

"We've got poptarts." Lorelai shrugged, holding up the box of poptarts she had in front of her. "Besides, it's not like Luke's not always feeding you."

"Mom." Molly whined out, sending a playful glare to the woman.

"Alright, alright." Lorelai waved her hands, taking a blank notebook paper and setting it in front of her. "We'll make a list and go to the market later, I'm just swamped with paperwork from the Inn." Her mother said, handing the pen and paper to her daughter.

"What do normal people even get? Veggies? Oh, chicken nuggets—"

"See? You're no better than me." Lorelai laughed as the teen scribbled down random food items onto the paper.

"Cause you raised me." Molly retorted, pointing the pen to her mother. "I think the last time our kitchen was used for a proper meal was when Wyatt wanted alfredo. Which he brought the supplies for."

"How is my house not burnt down?"

"Because Luke actually taught him how to cook." Molly mumbled, writing down several more items as her stomach rumbled. "We should get brownie mix, that sounds so—"

"I'm coming out!" Rory blurted as she walked into the kitchen.

"Of the closet?" Molly asked, "maybe you do have potential of being my sister." The red head joked, earning a head shake from her sister.

Rory took out a chair, sitting down beside her mother and sister. "I'm coming out to society." Rory claimed, Molly giggled at her wording.

"Still sounds a little gay to me, sis." Molly sang out, not lifting her eyes from the paper.

"I agree with Molls on this one." Lorelai stated dully, still engrossed into her work.

"That's a conversation for a different day." Rory said, throwing her backpack to the ground. "Anyway, I went to grandmas after school."

"I think I prefer the you being gay scenario." Lorelai said, finally looking at her oldest daughter.

"Her D.A.R. friend's are all there and they're talking about this debutante ball that's being thrown." Lorelai and Molly looked to each other, both holding faces of horror at the thought. "And when I got back from grandpa's office, they all invited me all onto the patio.."

"Please tell me you did not go out onto the patio."

"I went out onto the patio." Rory said, confusing lining in her voice.

"Oh, Rory that's like accepting the position as the drummer in Spinal Tap." Lorelai groaned out, Molly snickering at her comment.

"Even I know not to accept that." Molly stated, beginning to draw on the paper in front of her.