𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Two weeks into the summer and Molly was completely and utterly bored

Two weeks into the summer and Molly was completely and utterly bored. Walking into the diner felt dull, Luke having somehow been grumpier than before. College had started to become Beau's main focus, a hyperfixation of anxiety on each letter the school sent him. Izzy, who had finally started to talk to Molly more, was staying with her dad for a few weeks.

That left Molly stuck, alone in Stars Hollow with nothing to do. She'd sat on the couch, on the hottest day of the summer, watching reruns. She was barely watching them at that point, using it solely for background noise as she drew.

The house felt lonely, her mother working and sister spending the day with Dean. Leaving her with nothing but left over takeout and the laugh tracks of friends. She debated calling Wyatt, or even Peyton, but neither had reached out first; that worried her.

From the spot she had positioned herself hours ago, she noticed the door creak open. Behind it was none other than Rory Gilmore, her face red from the sun with a grin glowing across her mouth. Molly stayed in her spot, barely moving as her sister made her way over.

"Have you been there all day?" Rory asked, almost sadly.

"Yeah." Molly showed the pencil and book in her hands, "got carried away." The younger responded, closing the book as Rory sat beside her.

"Want to go to the diner? We can get something to eat." Molly shook her head, staring blankly at her sister. "Want to go swimming? Shopping? Or—"

"How would we get anywhere? I don't want to stay here." Molly mumbled, the attraction of her home town simply not there. She hated it without Wyatt, the dullness that seemed to be everywhere she went.

"We really need to get a car." Rory responded with a frown, their mother having had the jeep.

Molly grinned, "I know where we can get one." She stated, forcing herself from the couch. "I'm gonna get dressed, make sure you have everything you want to bring cause I don't know when we'll be back."

Rory stared at her sister dumbfounded, "where are we going exactly? And who's car are we taking?"

"You'll see."

Molly had been quick to get dressed, finding the cutest possible outfit she could. She wanted to look good and the tight, cropped, cami and short skirt did just that. Her hair had been brushed out, the curls wavy and thick while the only makeup she bothered to put on was mascara. She slid on an old pair of white vans, which had been covered in pen doodles.

Grabbing her purse and checking for her wallet and ID, she strutted back downstairs. Her sister was no longer on the couch, instead, heard shuffling around in her room. Molly walked into the bedroom, smiling as she stood against the doorframe with a pleased smile.

Rory had been stuffing her bag with books, unaware to what Molly had planned. The twins had rarely done anything together, but Molly had found the summer a perfect time to break that habit. If she could get Rory away from Dean even for a few hours, she'd take that as a win.