𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

[unedited]

The Stars Hollow summer carnival, a joyous weekend that happened every year

The Stars Hollow summer carnival, a joyous weekend that happened every year. Every year it was the same, city lights dimmed, replaced by colorful rides and games in the town square. The people came together, a day where no one, even Taylor Doose could complain.

The teens loved it most, they could get as much cheap, carnival food as they wanted, go on as many rides as they wanted and do every stupid thing they couldn't on a normal day. It brought out the best and worst of them.

Last year, Molly, Wyatt and Izzy had attended with just the three of them. They'd gotten sugar rushes from cotton candy and freshly made lemonade and found themselves asleep on the roof of the diner. This year, they were joined by four more.

Their once little group, now grown into one big, dysfunctional family.

Molly hadn't asked Peyton as her date, but they'd still intended to go together. Wyatt had invited Charlie, hoping to spend more time with him before the summer was over. Izzy and Ashley had made up, both too disgustingly in love to let something as little as coming out get in their way. Of course, Beau had been a practical seventh wheel but he didn't mind.

They'd met at the diner for lunch that day, all seated in the colorful chairs behind the counter. They were waiting on Charlie, who had a bit longer of a distance to go before he was in town.

"This year is gonna be good. I can feel it." Wyatt had been bouncing on cloud nine all morning. His smile one that represented a golden retriever in the sun.

"Doose stopped us on our way here." Izzy stated and his smile fell, the girl catching the concerned eyes of the others.

"He told us to have fun." Ashley added, and they all broke into laughter.

"That feels like a trap." Molly said, leaning against the counter with her iced coffee (which Luke had finally perfected) in hand. "Since when does Taylor want us to have fun?"

"Maybe he's got a date." Peyton suggested, poking Molly's shoulder.

"Is Taylor into women? He's always given me a bit of.." Wyatt trailed off, doing a little spin from the other side of the counter.

"That man is so queer it makes us look like a bunch of straighties." Izzy murmured, Wyatt's hand slapping over his mouth, hiding his wheeze.

"We should rename the club." Wyatt said through his fit of laughter.

"Doose's worst nightmares? Why?" Molly asked, they'd come up with the name years ago. It stuck and she didn't want it to change now.

"C'mon, Cher, look at us." He waved his hands around the group and she rose a brow. "That's a gay, thats a gay, that's a—actually, what are you?" He pointed to Beau, the brown haired boy sat beside Peyton, stealing her fries.