𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

[unedited]

"Babe, I seriously don't get what—" Molly raised a brow as Wyatt let out an exaggerated sigh, "trust me, I can handle strict parents

"Babe, I seriously don't get what—" Molly raised a brow as Wyatt let out an exaggerated sigh, "trust me, I can handle strict parents. Your mom will love me, I swear." Wyatt spoke softer, but Molly could see the stress on his face as he readjusted his hat repeatedly.

They were walking to the school when Wyatt got a phone call from Charlie, who seemed to be freaking out over him meeting his parents. Wyatt had already been stressed over the dinner, despite them not knowing they had been dating. He still felt like he needed to make a good impression.

"It's not like they know you're gay, so.. it'll be like a friend meeting them." Wyatt frowned at his own words, whispering 'gay' in fear that people would hear.

Molly felt a hand slip into hers as they approached the school, tensing until she saw who had invaded her space. Carter was walking alongside her, catching the attention of Wyatt who waved to him, the phone pressed to his ear.

The blond stayed backnot wanting to walk up to the crowded school as he spoke to his boyfriend. He hated having to keep a relationship secret. He liked to show off who he was with, he wanted the world to know about Charlie but it was terrifying. He couldn't even bring himself to come out to hus dad.

"—and even if they don't know, I still want them to approve of you. N-not that I think you're a bad person but like my parents hate tattoos and you—"

"Can wear long sleeves." Wyatt chuckled, hoping to get his boyfriend to calm down.

"What about this summer? When you come to the lake house? Or—"

"Charlie, do you not want me to meet your parents?" Wyatt questioned seriously, resting against one of the trees outside of the school.

"No! I mean-sorta? I just don't want them to be mean to you." Charlie sighed out and Wyatt let out a light laugh.

"You're so sweet, babe, but I can handle a few harsh comments." The blond waved to the group of cheerleaders trying to catch his attention. Maybe if he hadn't been dating someone he would've walked over to them, but now the hadn't interested him in the slightest.

"They're a lot, though." Charlie mumbled and Wyatt could hear the sound of his car door opening. "Okay, I'm at school so we'll talk more later."

"Okay, have a good day."

"You too, love you!" The line went dead and Wyatt stuffed his phone into his pocket. Then, he realized, what Charlie had said and suddenly he was stuck in the grass.

Did he mean to say that?

Wyatt hadn't thought about it before, whether or not he was in love with Charlie. They had been dating for a few months, but the words had never been a question in his mind. He never said them, not to anyone serious, not to anyone other than Molly.