𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

[unedited]

diner, dinner and doctors

"Please don't fall."

"I'm not gonna fall."

"You're so gonna fall."

"If you're so worried why don't you get up here?" Wyatt questioned, annoyed by two girls below him as he stood on the latter outside of the diner. He was hanging Christmas lights, despite his fathers complaints. Izzy had convinced the blonde to do it, loving the festive colors at night.

"I said I would but you didn't want me to." Molly retorted, sitting in the chair that she'd dragged out of the diner. Izzy was sat on the steps, crafting a tiny snowman beside her.

"Yeah, cause you're more likely to fall than I am." Wyatt claimed, nailing the lights into the roof, the latter wobbling with each movement. Izzy and Molly watched the latter closely, anticipating the collapse waiting to happen.

Apparently Luke had been watching as well, the door swinging open and he stormed out, "Wyatt! What the hell are you—" his fathers voice startled him, breaking his concentration.

The latter came falling down, Wyatt going down with it. Luke ran forward, taking hold of his son before he could hit the hard cement.

"Holy shit, are you—"

"I told you not to do this, if you just listened to me for once—you're so lucky I came out when I did—" Luke took in a heavy breath, a now shaking Wyatt in front of him, eyes wide as he regretted not listening. "You're okay, you're fine, okay? You're safe." Luke reassured the blonde, along with himself and he leaned down to pick up the red hat that fell from his head, placing it back over Wyatt's hair.

"Dad, the lights." Wyatt frowned, a row of lights now dangling from the sign.

"I'll fix them. You three go inside, get some cocoa—" Luke looked to Molly, "or coffee and warm up." He waved the three off, Izzy linking her arm with Wyatt's as they walked inside.

"I hate to say I told you so but—"

"I told you so." Molly and Izzy said in sync, Wyatt rolling his eyes as he broke away from the younger girls hold. He walked behind the counter, still shaking slightly.

"I can make it, why don't you sit down?" Molly offered, Wyatt ignoring her as he took out three mugs. "WD, please sit down." Molly walked behind the counter, the boy still ignoring her. She stood on her toes, rest her chin on his shoulder and he stopped what he was doing.

"You're not supposed to be back here." Wyatt mumbled, taking out the hot water for the cocoa.

"And you're on the verge of a panic attack, which will send Izzy into one and I would prefer if you sat down and let her coddle you." Molly spoke quietly, careful not to alert an already concerned Izzy.