𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

[unedited]

i'm right here

i'm right here

"There's my sweet girl!" Lorelai exclaimed as Molly walked down the stairs.

Her red hair was in two french braids, Izzy having come over the previous day in attempt to break her from her depression. She had been wearing the same sweatshirt for four days, and had only put on pajama bottoms when she left her room.

The negative thoughts she had about herself had been worse in the last week than they had in a long time. The first week after her breakup with Tristan had felt normal. Her and Izzy spending their afternoons making sure Wyatt hadn't done anything too stupid. Even Ashley had started to talk to Wyatt more.

Then, Friday night had hit. Emily had heard of Tristan getting jumped in his own home by Molly's maniac best friend and suddenly; Molly was nothing to the woman once again. That hit her hard and she had felt more worthless than ever.

She had troubles sleeping on her own, nightmares of her standing in a crowded room where everyone stared at her, mocked her. Lorelai would wake up to her cries, the silent panic attacks from across the hall and climbed into her daughters bed.

Molly didn't know what was wrong with her, she shouldn't have been affected this badly. She'd had depressive episodes before, but nothing of the one she was experiencing now. She couldn't shake the feeling of overwhelming disgust with herself.

Molly hugged her stomach as she laid on the couch, her head falling to her mothers lap. She didn't want to feel the way she had in front of the woman, yet she couldn't help but want to be held. She wanted to find some form of comfort and her mother had been the best she could find.

"You going to Izzy's birthday today?" Lorelai asked, tucking the flyaway curls behind her ear.

"Today?" How had she forgotten her best friend's birthday.

"Yeah, baby. Little Isabella is sixteen." Her mother responded softly.

Molly chewed the already raw insides of her cheek, "I should—I should go to that."

"You don't have to force yourself but I do think a sleepover with your friends may help."

"Mom?" Molly rolled to her back, staring up at her mother with tear shed eyes.

"Yeah, my firecracker?"

"What's wrong with me? Why—why can't I be like Rory? Why am I—"

"There's nothing wrong with you. Nothing at all. You're Molly Gilmore, you are the most caring and selfless person I could've ever raised. You love with every part of you and that.. that is why you're hurting because as much as you care for others, you hold in all of your own shitty feelings until it hits you at once.
But I swear to you, there isn't a single flaw about you and there are so many people who would say the same."