𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

[unedited]

"Where's the good music? I can't listen to this anymore

"Where's the good music? I can't listen to this anymore." Molly reached forward opening the dashboard and digging in. She knew she'd find them, a mixtapes, at least three all in Wyatt's handwriting.

"Uh-" Luke wanted to argue the tapes, but he didn't really care to, "go ahead."

"Any good ones?" Izzy asked, leaning forward between the seats.

"Road trip." Molly flashed the front of the tape in her hand.

"It's fitting. Two hours in the car with you two, someone better start playing eye-spy." She responded, falling back into her seat.

"No eye-spy." Luke stated clearly, the two girls laughing as Molly put in the mix. "And no gossiping, I don't want to hear about whoever the new hottest celeb or—"

"Heath Ledger."

"Drew Barrymore." Luke glanced back at the girl, brows raised, "like you didn't know?"

The man laughed, taking both girls by surprise at the rare sound leaving his mouth.

"I knew, just wondered if you'd ever say it." Luke replied, tapping the wheel to the sound of the music.

"It's hard to sometimes." Izzy mumbled, staring at the man in awe as he continued to smile.

"I don't care, kiddo."

The car ride had been a relaxing trip, the three talking the whole way, despite Luke's many complaints. He truly didn't mind their company, enjoying their girlish giggles as they grew excited. They all loved watching Wyatt play, and now they we're getting to see him play with the best in the state.

The welcoming sign as they pulled into the filled lot of parents cars had made them antsy. They couldn't wait to see the boy, the month without him making them realize how much they loved having him around.

Luke barely had the truck in park before Molly and Izzy were jumping out, sweatshirt's in hand in preparation for the cold rink. There had been a line to get in, parents talking up their sons any chance they could. The game didn't start for another two hours, but apparently they all wanted good seats.

"Hey, Luke, you gonna come with us?" Molly asked, her eyes wandering the camp.

"You going to find Wyatt?" He asked, stretching out his arms from being cooped up for hours.

"Yeah, he told me his cabin number so.." Molly shrugged as the man stared back unsurely.

"I think I'm gonna go find seats before they're all taken up." He answered and the two girls nodded, waving as they ran towards the cabins.

"Alright, he's in two.. so it should be—"

"Found it!" Izzy exclaimed, running up the steps with pure joy as her fist pounded onto the door.