𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

[unedited]

Molly walked into the diner after school, half expecting Wyatt not to be there as he'd disappeared before she could walk home with him

Molly walked into the diner after school, half expecting Wyatt not to be there as he'd disappeared before she could walk home with him. He was though, sat at the counter, flailing around that letter like it was a golden ticket. She knew what it was, since she'd stuffed her own into her bag like it was nothing.

However, Wyatt wanted a chance to get in a good school if he didn't get his scholarships. They all knew he would get them though.

"Come here! Open yours with me!" Wyatt exclaimed when he saw her walk in. Lorelai was sat at a table behind him, staring questionably at her youngest daughter.

"I didn't get mine yet." Molly lied, sitting next to her mother and Wyatt followed.

"You didn't?" He asked, a sad undertone to his voice.

"I didn't." Molly mumbled, reaching forward for her mothers coffee cup.

"Should I—"

"I got it!" Rory exclaimed as she walked in, now Lorelai was really staring at Molly.

"You did? Your sister didn't." Lorelai stated, a frown taking over her face as Rory sat beside the woman.

"Aw, no! Molly, I can wait to open it and—"

"No, no, go ahead. You too." She nudged Wyatt who followed Rory in her excitement to rip it open.

Luke walked over, hovering happily by the table with a freshly brewed pot of coffee. He got Molly a cup, pouring a mug for her and leaving a soft hand on her shoulder. Molly smiled up at the man graciously, watching as the two looked at their scores.

"Now, just remember, guys, these are the PSATs, okay? So its like the baby gap, they don't count as much. Plus you can take them over again, plus, you are very young and have years of learning ahead of you and the really important thing is that you tried very hard—" it was clear Lorelai was saying whatever she could to make sure the two didn't freak out if their scores weren't what they expected.

Molly knew Rory's wouldn't disappoint, however, she wasn't entirely sure how Wyatt would do. He struggled with tests, having to stay in one quiet room for over an hour wasn't ideal for someone with ADHD. She remembered how antsy he was after taking it, how he repeated over and over 'i did so bad' and that scared her.

"I got a 740 verbal and a 760 math." Rory stated, sounding disappointed even as they were two of the highest scores you could get. "Wyatt?" She asked the blond, who's brows were knitted together in confusion.

"How the hell am I supposed to read this?" He muttered, confused by the layout of the score sheet.

Molly took his paper, "which one do you want to know?"

"Um, math last, that's my worst." Wyatts leg bounced and Molly read the verbal.

"Holy shit." She mumbled, glancing over to her sister.