𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

[unedited]

A week, that's how long it had been since Molly walked to school with Wyatt

A week, that's how long it had been since Molly walked to school with Wyatt. A week since he had been to hockey practice. A whole week of whispers in the hallway, about the hockey captain turned gay. It had been hard for Molly, hearing it spread like wildfire through the town. She and Izzy had taken turns getting Wyatt his homework, getting to see the hole he put himself into in his room.

Some people were supportive, kept an open mind and didn't jump to conclusions. Others though, they hadn't been so open to the idea of their homecoming kings date being another boy.

Luke had helped a lot, he had called the school, told them that Wyatt was sick with something that could last the week. Their principal listened, though he had undoubtedly heard the comments in the hall, all the school cared about was their star player getting back on the ice. To say everything was a mess for Wyatt, was a low assumption.

"He still not coming down?" Molly asked as she walked into the diner, her bag heavier as she carried the extra set of homework.

Luke frowned, "I can't even get him to eat now." The man looked exhausted, staying up all hours to make sure his son was okay.

"I'm gonna go take him his work." She said, lifting her bag in the air and walking up the steps.

Molly walked into the room, taking note of the pile of homework that had yet to be done. The blond was sat in his bed, wearing nothing but the basketball shorts she had seen him in for the last few days. He had his Nintendo controller in his hand, his tv low as he played Super Mario Bros.

"Hey." Molly set down her bag, climbing onto the bed to sit beside him.

"Wanna play? I've been on this level for like an hour." He offered her the controller and she shook her head.

"Nah, I'm pretty hungry. Wanna eat with me?" She asked, hoping to hear the answer she wanted.

"I'm good." Wyatt shrugged, darting his attention back to the screen.

Molly let out a quiet sigh, "I can get Luke to make the WD special, extra bacon." She sang out, leaning forward to hopefully see that light spark in his eyes. Yet, all she go was a shrug. "Wyatt, please don't do this to yourself." She reached forward, brushing back the long blond hair from his forehead.

"I'm fine, Molly, alright? I just wanna be alone." Wyatt mumbled, shaking his head to get her hand away.

"Okay." Molly wouldn't fight him on this, he was hurting enough.

She left the work in the pile, grabbing her bag and heading back downstairs, holding back her own tears. Molly hated seeing Wyatt like this. The boy who had enough joy and kindness to spead around, couldn't even leave his room.

Luke noticed her as she walked downstairs, watching as she wiped her eyes with the sleeves of her sweater. He made his way around the counter, sucking in a heavy breath before engulfing the girl into a hug.