𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

trigger warnings, heavy mentions of ied, depression and prescription medications

[unedited]

Molly had taken advantage of the abandoned Stars Hollow streets. Her skate board beneath her feet, listening to Wyatt talk on the phone. She'd gotten bored, decided to attempt a new trick rather than wait for him and Charlie to end their call. She wasn't up for going home, her mother on a date and Rory leaving to rehearse a play.

"Fuck!" Her board kicked off, wheeling down the street. "Wyatt, can you please help me with this?" Molly called out, chasing her board down the street.

She heard Wyatt say a quick goodbye to the boy on the phone before letting out a laugh. Molly glared at him as she picked up her board.

"Cher, I can't do that trick, I don't know how I'll be any help." Wyatt said, taking the joint from behind his ear, "smoke instead?"

Molly didn't hesitate to take the joint, "lighter?" He handed it over and she smiled, "lover boy coming tomorrow?" She wiggled her brows, lighting the joint without a care that they were in the middle of town. No one was out this late other than Patty, they were on the sidewalk in the square, too dark for anyone to see.

"Yeah, he'll probably get here while I'm at practice though and I'm not sure how—"

"I'll take him to the rink." She offered, dragging out a hit of the joint.

Wyatt held out his hand and she passed it, "really? You would?"

"Course."

Molly walked onto the gazebo, taking a seat on the bench. She patted the spot beside her, calling Wyatt over and he splayed beside her. His legs went over her lap, head tossed back as he hit the joint. His hair was getting long, soft blond locks flowing over his ears as he refused to cut it before the hockey season started.

Molly had focused on the sight of the boy, but she couldn't help but notice the commotion behind him. The dance studio doors were open, Ms Patty talking to a blonde, well, arguing.

Then, she noticed the car parking outside, the three getting out. She couldn't make out the faces of the two girls and the guy but suddenly smoking didn't seem like the best idea. The girls walked up to the studio, but her eyes followed the guy as he walked over to the market.

"What is it?" Wyatt asked, noticing her distraction as she didn't notice him trying to hand the joint back. He turned his head, following her eyes to the doors of the market. "Who's that?" He squinted but they were too far to make out the face.

"I don't know." Molly mumbled, shaking off the strange feeling of anxiety before reaching for the marijauna cigarette. As she took another hit, she noticed Rory making her way to Patty's.