𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

[unedited]

festivals and fishnets

Molly walked into the diner, sighing out as she closed the door behind her. The town had seemed to be showered with nothing but love. Every corner she turned there was someone sucking on the face of another. Meanwhile, she was still aching over a boy who had moved on.

"Coffee?" Luke questioned as she sat at the counter, her face covered with frustration. "Or happy pills? What's got you so crabby?" The man asked, his mood somehow brighter than hers.

"Love." Molly huffed, holding out her mug for him to fill.

"And?"

"It's stupid and everyone in this town is full of—"

"Hey, Cherry." Wyatt's toothy smile deterred her frown, a light smile returning to him.

"You were saying?" Luke coughed out, finishing pouring her coffee. Molly rolled her eyes, pouring in the cream as Wyatt tugged his flannel over his arms. "Work, then play." Luke reminded him, not letting Wyatt leave the diner.

"Play? What am I five?" Wyatt questioned, taking his notepad out from beneath the counter.

"Mentally, yeah." Luke retorted, smacking him in the back of the head with a towel. "Go see what Kirk wants."

"C'mon, dad, it's the firelight festival." Wyatt whined out, Luke's brows knitting together as he stared at his son.

"And you don't have a girlfriend, so there's no reason for you to get excited." Luke reminded him, walking back towards the kitchen.

"I could have a date though!"

"Yeah? Who?" Luke asked, interested to see what the blond had to say. Molly sat up, wondering if he'd actually had a date.

"Cherry." Wyatt answered fondly.

She shook her head, "he's lying."

"I know that, you're not stupid enough to date him." Luke retorted, deciding to ignore the blond.

"Beau could be my—"

"You're not gay."

"I could be!" Wyatt belted out, Molly snorting as she sipped her coffee. "You were supposed to be on my side." He mumbled as he walked around the counter, making his way towards Kirk.

"Not when you tell people that I'm your date." The red haired girl spun on her stool, following Wyatt's movements. Her coffee sat on her lap, both index fingers beneath the handle.

The blond scribbled down on his notepad as Kirk ordered, ignoring his rambling when he'd finished and turned back to Molly. He set the pad onto the counter, his elbow resting on the top as he stopped to look at the girl.