𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

[unedited]

Molly walked into the diner early Sunday morning

Molly walked into the diner early Sunday morning. She was unexpected by Luke, who had to take a double take at his watch. Eight in the morning was not the usual time she had come in lately. The teen hadn't cared to get out of bed until ten in the summer, but there she was sitting on the barstool with a smile on her face.

"Morning, Lucas." She said, picking up a menu as if she didn't know what she wanted. "Coffee and French toast, please." She told him, lower the menu to see him grabbing a mug.

"Decaf?" He offered, hoping for her to say yes but instead received an eyeroll. "You seem chipper enough this morning without it." Luke said, pouring the caffeinated coffee in to red, diner mug.

"I'm not that chipper." She retorted, reaching for the mug in his hands.

"Hey, dad, have you seen my—Molly?"

"Wyatt?" She questioned back at the blond, drawing out his name.

"You can actually help me!" He exclaimed, running over to her and she rose a brow. "You can bring your coffee."

"And my french toast?"

"I'll make you some." Wyatt said, taking hold of the mug she'd set down. "Now come on, Cherry." The boy nodded towards the loft door, Molly giving in with ease.

"Don't burn them, though." She warned, hopping down from the stool to follow him upstairs. "What am I helping you with exactly?" Molly questioned as they got behind the curtain.

"I've gotta finish packing but I have no idea what to bring other than gear and—"

"And you thought it was easier to have me do it?" She joked, gripping the rail as she had always imagined falling down the old stairs. They scared her as a kid, and even at the age of sixteen she could still picture it happening.

"You dress better than I do." He stated, stopping behind his bedroom door and facing her. "It's an actual shit hole at the moment since I have to share with Jess."

"Wyatt, is your room ever clean?"

He thought for a moment, "sometimes." Wyatt shrugged, twisting open the door handle and revealing his room. It looked the same as always to Molly's eyes, maybe a little added on by Jess.

"You better hope you make enough money in the future hire a maid." Molly said as she walked in, going for the only thing that hadn't been covered in clutter. "At least the bed is safe." She sighed out, laying onto comfortable matress.

"What is with you and my bed?" Wyatt teased as she sank into the sheets.

"It's so much more comfortable than mine." She mumbled her eyes closing at her lack of sleep and coffee.