𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

[unedited]

Seventeen years, Wyatt had woken up to the smell of bacon and coffee, every morning

Seventeen years, Wyatt had woken up to the smell of bacon and coffee, every morning. It didn't matter the day or time, when he woke in his room he would be dragged out of bed by the temptations of his father's cooking. Usually though, the scent was much farther, rising through the vents up into his room.

Today, the food was being brought to him.

Luke had cautiously walked into the room, not caring to his his smile as he noticed the clean floors. At least that's what he'd say he was smiling about, not the fact that he was carrying a plate of pancakes with a lit candle stuck in the middle. He nearly laughed as Wyatt snored, hugging his pillow, drooling as mumbles left his mouth.

The man set down the plate, moving the shake his son's shoulder in attempt to wake him. Unfazed, Wyatt continued to sleep, his snores only growing louder.

"Hey, kiddo." Luke flicked the center of his forehead, Wyatt's hand waving in the air as he grumbled out unrecognizable words. "I have pancakes, chocolate milk and a giant stack of bacon to clog your arteries." Luke said, watching as the teen's eyes flickered open, one eye stayed closed as he peaked around the room.

Luke grabbed the plate, showing it to his son, "blow out the stinkin' candle before it gets everywhere."

Wyatt sat up, staring at the pancakes as he thought of a wish. Please come true, he blew out the candle, smiling up at his dad as he handed over the plate.

"The big, one, seven." Wyatt spoke out sarcastically, waving his hands in the air as if he had pom-pom's.

"Eat your breakfast and get dressed." Luke said, setting the tray onto the blonds lap.

Wyatt rubbed the sleep from his eyes, laying back into his pillow with a sigh, "you're gonna make me work on my birthday?"

Luke shook his head, "I want you to get Jess from the bus stop." The man said, walking towards the door. "And come right back." He added, pointing a stern finger at his son before leaving the room.

Wyatt ate his breakfast, setting the candle on his nightstand. When he finished, he dug through his clean laundry that he had yet to put away. He picked out a Misfits shirt and a pair of jeans, rolling the bottoms to show off his purple socks. He slid on his vans, taking his special backpack from his closet.

Walking downstairs, he was greeted by a full diner, Luke running around like a madman to take orders and fill coffee's. He held up a peace sign to his dad as he walked out the front door, leaving the man to the busy diner.

The bus stop wasn't far, just pass Patty's studio. He made his way down to it, avoiding the townspeople as they tried to say hello. While Wyatt was a people person, he wasn't feeling the Stars Hollow cheer that morning.