𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

[unedited]

the five senses

the five senses

"I could bathe in this ice cream." Rory hummed, sticking her spoon back into the tub.

The twins had been sat at home for the night, waiting for their mother to get back from her date. Though they had school the next morning, they couldn't care less about a reasonable bed time. It was already passed midnight and instead of behaving as if Christmas break was over, they were watching Mystic Pizza again.

"Not if we eat it all first." Molly responded, taking the biggest scoop she could from the cookie dough flavored ice cream.

"Gosh, could you imagine an ice cream bath? That would be terrible. At first it would be cold and then it would melt and—"

"You'd be so sticky." Their faces scrunched in disgust as they looked to each other before bursting into laughter. "I think if I payed Wyatt he'd do it." Molly joked, sticking the full spoon into her mouth.

"I think if you just told him to do it he'd do it." Rory retorted, "Wyatt reminds me of that dog we saw in New York."

"You mean the one that mom tried to steal from it's house?" Molly laughed, Rory nodding, her mouth stuffed with ice cream.

Rory swolled her bite, "he's like if you make that golden retriever who plays sports into a person."

"You mean Air Bud?"

"Yes! That one!" Rory exclaimed, Molly thought for a moment, bursting into a loud laugh when she realized how on point her sister was. "Do you think he watched that movie and was like, 'yup, that's me'?" The brunette questioned with a laugh.

"You know, I do remember him having an obsession with that movie when it came out." Rory smiled at her sister, her cheeks turning pink as she looked down at the ice cream. "What?" Molly questioned, Rory shook her head, "tell me."

"I'm just curious on how you've never had a crush on him. Like.. he's this super cute jock who has been all about you since elementary school and you've never thought that he could be an option?" Molly's smile fell at her sister's curiosity.

"Why would I? He's my—"

"Best friend, I know. I've heard that a million times, I think the entire town has heard it a million times. But when are you gonna come up with a better excuse?"

Molly let out an offensive breath, "wow, okay. Sure. Wyatt's incredibly attractive and sweet and can play sports decently. Maybe he knows me better than anyone else. Maybe I'd rather spend every minute with him than anyone else and that would make him perfect for me.." Molly went on, her spoon dropped into the bucket as her head fell. "But us now, as friends, it is perfect and why would I ever want to ruin that over something as stupid as a fucking relationship?" Her eyes squeezed shut, head hitting her knees with frustration.