𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

[unedited]

"Sandwich me

"Sandwich me." Wyatt opened his mouth, his hands deep in the motor of the car he was working on. Molly let out a laugh, holding out the sandwich for him to take a bite.

"So, when do you get off? I was thinking we could go to the theater." Molly said, leaning against the side of the car as he leaned back beneath the hood.

"Shift ends at five." He responded, fighting back the foolish grin. "But we gotta be over at Beau's by six to get ready for the party." Wyatt reminded her and she let out a whine.

"Carters gonna be there." She mumbled, chewing at the bottom her lip as the anxiety rushed in.

"Gonna have to break up with him sooner or later. Personally, I'd love for it to be sooner." He told her, quickly placing a kiss on her forehead.

They hadn't kissed since the night in the car and she still hadn't talked to Carter. Tonight was her chance, to end something she thought could last and figure out what the hell she was doing with her best friend. It terrified her to remember before but he knew what he was getting into. He was feeling his breakup still, she knew he still loved Charlie.

This is just fun.

"You gotta help me figure out what to wear so we're making a trip to my house first." Molly told him, her cheeks burning red from the high sun and the butterflies in her stomach.

"Trying to impress me, Cherry pie?" Wyatt winked, earning and eyeroll hiding a smile.

"Ego check, Danesy." Molly joked back, stepping back to take a seat on the tire outside the shop.

"Can I pick your whole outfit?" He asked, turning his attention to the engine. She couldn't read his emotions, what the thought behind the question was.

"Just don't go turning me into a whore."

"Y'know, if you don't get into the NHL, you should should switch your major to fashion." Molly said, checking out her outfit in the mirror.

"Call it a queer gift." Wyatt spoke sarcastically, falling back to her pillows.

"Definitely." Molly chuckled, shoving her foot into her converse. "So whys your style so bland?" She asked him and Wyatt sat up with a gasp.

"I've got great style." He argued, earning a small shrug from the girl.

"Stand up." Molly demanded, motion to him with her hand. Wyatt stood and she stared at his outfit; his favorite Smiths shirt, warn in jeans and his damn red hat sat backwards on his head. His hair was freshly cut, the short blond strands peaking out from beneath.

"Well?" He held his arms out with a smirk, noticing the way she looked at him.

"Whatever." She muttered, waving him off and finished tying her shoe lace. "Let's go." Molly opened her bedroom door and they walked out, hearing Ryan and Lorelai in the livingroom.