Chapter 14

Lisa's POV

Lisa's POV

I skip happily inside the shelter. I greet everyone while I am looking for Miss Moonbyul.

"Hey Miss! By any chance, did you know where's Miss Moonbyul?" I ask one volunteer.

"You should try her office." I smiled at her. "Thank you!"

I went to the office of Miss Moonbyul. I knock on her door and when I hear her permission that I could go in, I opened the door slowly. Her door is nothing compared to Jen-Jen's office door.

"Lisa come in!" Miss Moonbyul said.

I enter and stand in front of her desk. "Miss Moonbyul you know what happened today?"

"What?"

"Well I successfully arrived at Jennie's place thanks to your map and then we ate outside! And her office was so cool!" I excitedly rant.

Miss Moonbyul smiled "This uhm Jennie. She was nice to you Lisa?" I nodded.

"She's the most nicest person I've ever met!"

"Thank God then." Miss Moonbyul answered.

"But be careful okay? Be cautious on every people you meet." Miss Moonbyul warned.

"Understood Miss Moonbyul. Oh, can I have another pair of clothes?" I ask.

"Sure hun. You can get as many as you want."

I skip towards the storage room and get another pair of baggy shirt and shorts. Luckily there's still a stock of new underwear. I took a bath and after that I bravely ask one volunteer to teach me how to use the washer. She repeatedly told me what knob to twist and what button to press. I am grateful that she is patient with me when I ask the same questions over and over again.

At dinner time we were served a bowl of Mac and cheese and a slice of Apple pie.

Lucky!

I looked around to see if there's any vacant seat. I saw one and I quickly walk so that no one will get to that sit first.

A middle-aged woman was silently eating on that table.

"Hi! I am Lisa! Is this seat taken?" I ask politely.

The woman looked up and I was taken a back with her appearance. She has dark hair with brown eyes. Her right arm was filled with tattoos. She looks like she's in her mid 40's.

She looks sad.

"Go ahead." She replied.

I thank her and sat down.

Me being me. I struck up a conversation with her while eating.

"This is the first time I saw you here? Are you from around here?"

"Before. Now I live in another state."

I nodded in understanding.

"Because you miss this place right? So in that case, I welcome you back here in New York!" I exclaimed.