☾.˚˖⁺✦[Suburbia]✦˙⊹˚☽

"It's so nice to finally meet you, I'm Kelly O'Neil," the lady in her mid-forties brought the young girl into a tight embrace which the young girl was hesitant to hug back at first even though the lady's touch was warm and harmless

"It's so nice to finally meet you, I'm Kelly O'Neil," the lady in her mid-forties brought the young girl into a tight embrace which the young girl was hesitant to hug back at first even though the lady's touch was warm and harmless. The young girl ended up hugging back softly in slight fear.

"And I'm David O'Neil," the man didn't step forward for an embrace like his wife, Kelly, did. He just stood to the side with a frown carved into his bearded and wrinkled face. He tapped his foot against the pavement impatiently waiting to leave.

One. Two. Three. She counted each tap of his foot.

"Don't mind that old grouchy man, he just isn't much of a hugger," Kelly gives her husband a playful smack in an attempt to make him more polite.

"That's okay," the young girl spoke so quietly that the couple had to strain their ears to hear what she had said. "It's nice to meet you both as well, I'm Alina Thomason and I would just like to say how grateful I am for you two to take me in. Thank you..." her words faded.

"No need to say thank you, dear, we are glad to bring you into our home!" Kelly said cheerfully. "Now, come on, let's get your luggage in the car and go home," Kelly took Alina's hand into hers and dragged her towards their blue SUV as David picked up her suitcase.

"Oh, these are lighter than I expected," David spoke to more of himself than to anyone in specific.

"I- uh- don't have much clothes or belongings or anything," Alina said shyly.

"We can go shopping tomorrow if you like, dear. We can get you some new clothes and anything else you might need. It will be a shopping day!" Kelly said with a huge smile, Alina forced a smile onto her face that resembles the ladies.

"Okay, thank you..." the couple and young girl got into the car and buckled their seat belts before they began their trip from Eichen House to Alina's new home.

Alina was in Eichen House since the day she was born. Her mother, Fiona, was admitted into Eichen House because of the severity of her illness. Fiona was pregnant with Alina at the time which led to Alina being born and raised in Eichen House, and Alina was never released until she was six where she was put into a temporary foster home that did not last long since she began to have nightmares that had progressed to the point she became violent towards herself in her sleep and, unfortunately, the foster family did not want to deal with it. Alina was sent to countless different foster homes through the year, but none ever lasted longer than a couple of weeks because of her nightmares- her nightmares always consisted of the same thing, her mom and her's torture at Eichen House.

When she was re-admitted at the age of seven, she was diagnosed with anxiety, depression, PTSD, and a type of parasomnia. Now, at the age of fourteen- almost fifteen- she has been released for the second time and a sweet couple, David and Kelly O'Neil, is fostering her, and since they are not the first couple to foster her, it has led to Alina betting with herself that she will be sent back to Eichen House by the end of the week.