☾.˚˖⁺✦[Sleepovers from Hell]✦˙⊹˚☽

"They won't mind, I promise." Alina pulls Milo's by his hand towards the O'Neil's house.

"I thought you said that you were still trying to convince them to let me stay with you," Milo says uneasily, not wanting to be a bother to the seemingly nice couple that is fostering Alina.

"Yeah... but, this is just for tonight. Okay? Think of it as a trial. Be the sweet, kind, adorable self that you are and they'll love you, so much so that they will want to foster you as well!" Alina cheerfully explains her plan. 

"You sure it's gonna work?" He asks skeptically.

"Of course! Come on now," Alina walks the two of them through the small picket fence and up the rock path that leads to the porch. With everything going on with the dead pool list, it feels as though Alina has barely been here at the O'Neil's home.

And, when she is, it is just for dinner before she heads up to her room and climbs through the window to Liam's room where she'll be met with Liam and Mason to do homework, play video games or to be met with just Liam where she will then sleepover- which has become quite the habit for the both of them. Neither can sleep now without the other's presence. However, tonight will have to be an exception since Milo will hopefully be staying over for the night.

Alina unlocks the door with the key that Kelly had made specifically for her. Alina pushes the door open and kicks off her shoes. Milo follows suit. "Alina?" Kelly's voice comes from the kitchen. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me." Alina takes slow and cautious steps towards the kitchen. Going down a different hall to avoid David's office that he is sure to be in, still working even though it has become quite late in the night.

"I was getting worried," Kelly continues to speak. "There's leftovers in the fridge for you."

"Thanks, I'm sorry I didn't make it to dinner... I had a study group. Completely forgot about it." Alina steps through the doorway to the kitchen where she finds Kelly sitting at the kitchen table; her reading glasses on, a steamy cup of tea beside her, and a book in her hands that also seems to be steamy.

"Oh, that is okay, honey." Kelly finally peaks up from over the edge of her book to look at Alina, and when she does she immediately notices the small blonde boy standing behind Alina, hiding behind her frame. "Oh-" she speaks out of shock. "Who is this?"

"This is Milo. Milo Thomason. Remember? He's my brother. I was telling you about him the other day."

"Oh, yes, right. Milo Thomason..." Kelly nods slowly, looking the boy up and down. "I recall you saying you have a brother, but never his name."

"Oh, sorry. Guess I forgot that detail," Alina laughs nervously. "I know you had said you'd think about letting him stay with us, but it was too late to bring him back to the foster home he is staying at, so I was hoping it'd be okay for him to stay the night. I hope that's okay..." Alina's confident demeanour vanishes under the gaze of Kelly. She always finds herself turning into a slump of nerves around adults and parental figures.

"Of course, it's okay!" Kelly smiles brightly. Placing down her book on the wooden table and pulling her glasses off from being perched on her the tip of her nose. She stands from her chair and moves forward to the two children standing in her kitchen.

Without a second thought, Kelly pulls Milo into a hug and he gratefully takes the embrace, hugging her back.

"Thank you for letting me stay the night, it means so much," Milo tells Kelly in a British accent that makes Milo out to be posh. He looks up to the lady with a sincere look glimmering in his chocolate eyes that seems to make Kelly melt.