☾.˚˖⁺✦[The Boy Next Door]✦˙⊹˚☽

Alina gripped the box in her hand tightly, straining her muscles as she walked across the unfamiliar room. She set the box down on a table before opening it and taking book by book out of the box and setting them onto the wooden shelves of the large bookcase.

She spun around and jumped lightly on the pads of her feet, humming the song as it blasted from the vinyl record player. Alina continued to unpack the box of books that were gifted to her by David and Kelly, but she abruptly stops when she catches something in the corner of her eye- a boy with short, brown hair and bright, blue eyes in the window of the house next door.

He sat at a desk reading what seems to be a comic book. He had headphones in and his left hand tapped on the edge of his desk presumably to whatever song he must be listening to. Alina found herself to be fascinated by the boy in the window. She hasn't seen many boys, especially ones that seem to be around her age. Unfortunately, before she could analyze the boy anymore, he glanced up in her direction. She quickly threw herself to the floor in hopes that he wouldn't see her watching him.

She lay there on the ground in an awkward position, too afraid to move. Once she finally built up the courage to move, she crawled across the room to where the window would not be in sight. She slowly stood up and took a deep breath of relief. 

Little did Alina know that the boy in the window had noticed her first, or more specifically, noticed the girl in the window as she danced around her room happily. And, little did she know that the boy had also been fascinated by the mystery girl in the window next door.

• • •

The obnoxious sound of Alina's alarm echoed through her bedroom, she grunted at the little amount of sleep she had received during the night. Gripping her pillow from beneath her head, she pushes the plush fabric against her face while screaming in pure hatred of mornings. She tosses the pillow at the alarm clock on her bedside table, successfully knocking it onto the ground which shuts it off.

If Alina was being honest, -which she is most of the time- she is not excited about her first day of school at the least. Alina had done a school program while she was being raised in Eichen House, but as so many people have warned her, Public School is nowhere near the school program at Eichen. Alina knows that though. For that one year where she had been released and moved from foster home to foster home, she had attended Beacon Hills Elementary School, and from the experience of that one year of public school, she has concluded that it is the most terrifying shit ever.

Alina had made a few friends, unfortunately, none were in her class. Hopefully, the world will be fair to Alina for once and allow her to make friends. And, if the world is feeling extra nice, maybe she will make friends that are in her class.

"Morning, Alina!" Kelly's voice echoes from the hallway as she knocks on the door gently, "can I come in?" The only response Kelly receives is a grunt and she slowly creaks open the door to see Alina wrapped in her blankets and her pillow across the room along with her alarm clock. Kelly couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, aren't you a morning person," she laughs.

"Too early," Alina mumbles incoherently.

"You need to get ready for your first day of school," Kelly informs the girl as she pulls open the curtains of the windows in her room. "David has made breakfast for all of us, so have a shower and get dressed, then head on downstairs to eat, okay?" Alina nods as she reluctantly climbs out from under her bedsheets.

She heads off to the shower and climbs in while she is still half asleep. The cool drops of water that hit her body are a deep contrast to the sweat that trickled across her smooth skin from the singular nightmare she had during her sleep. After her shower, she picks out her outfit to get dressed in which is the AC/DC graphic tee and a pair of ripped mom jeans that she had gotten yesterday. She drops her towel and puts her jeans on and bra, she looks aimlessly around the room for where she had set down her t-shirt until she notices it laying on the edge of the bed.